Thursday, October 2, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
Teachers ~ Please check dress code. Anyone out of dress code should be sent to Guidance. Also, check planners to make sure each student has her/his planner and not someone else's planner. THANKS!
Students may not wear shorts and capris. Only long pants may be worn.
You may not wear jackets in the classroom.
Students ~ you may not chew gum at school. It is especially important that you follow this rule around technology. If you are using your laptop and are chewing gum, this is a violation of the AUP that you signed. You will be issued consequences.
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1967, Thurgood Marshall became the first black justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. As chief counsel for the NAACP in the 1940s and 1950s, Marshall was instrumental in ending the era of official racial segregation.
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak; Mashed Potatoes & Gravy; Corn; Chicken Salad; Tuna & Tomato
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Yogurt & Cereal
Please remember to take a jacket with you to lunch. It is getting cold outside and you are not allowed to go back to your locker after you eat.
Students ~ You must sit on the correct side of the cafeteria. Lunch detentions will be given if you are on the wrong side!
School pictures will be taken Thursday, October 9th. Students must wear their uniform.
• Students ~ you should drop off your PE clothes in the locker room at 7:50 AM when you enter the building.
• Students who have PE 4th block need to put their uniforms back on at the end of class. You may not leave the gym for dismissal in your gym clothes.
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade physicals are due now! Please get them in to the office as soon as possible.
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year. We need to maintain at least a 90% attendance rate for meeting AYP.
Attendance Report For yesterday
6th Grade - 155 Present - 92% Attendance Rate
7th Grade - 182 Present - 100% Attendance Rate
Did you know that we have been in school for five weeks and 91% of our students are completely referral free! This includes everything ~ bus, dress code, tardies, behavior, etc. In addition, 96.5% of our students have never had a major referral!
LAPTOPS & AUP FORMS
7th & 8th Grade Students ~ In order for you to be able to use your laptop, your AUP form must be signed and turned in to Mrs. Gephart. Forms can be found on the door of room 116 and in the Guidance Office.
Fundraiser items were delivered. If you did not receive all of your order or received extra items, please see Ms. Nelson or Mrs. P. in the main office. Prizes will be delivered soon!
Pom Pon Clinic
There will be a junior pom pon clinic for K-8th grade October 4th from 9AM-1PM. See Ms. Nelson for more information.
Cheerleaders will have practice today after school from 2:30-4PM. Practice will be outside, so dress appropriately. Meet in room 102.
6th Grade Boys Basketball
6th grade boys will have basketball tryouts on Wednesday, October 8th and Friday, October 10th from 4-5PM. You have to attend both tryouts to be considered for the team.
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
JMS requires the following uniform style of dress for all students:
• 3-4 button solid color collared polo shirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue
• Solid crewneck sweatshirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue (no hood or zipper)
• Solid color pants in khaki, navy blue, or black (no denim, cargo, or sweatpants)
• No baggy clothing - pants must fit at the waist or belt
• No writing, emblems, logos, words, or numbers on clothing
• Capri pants or shorts in khaki, navy blue, or black may be worn until September 30th or after April 30th. Shorts must be at the middle finger length.
• No skirts or dresses (exception - religious objection)
• Excessively long shirts must be tucked in
• The only shirt that may be worn under the uniform shirt is a tucked in short sleeved white t-shirt!
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes!
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
After the 2:30PM dismissal bell, you must hustle on out to the buses. Once the buses leave, they cannot be called back. The buses have more routes to run for other schools after he/she finishes your route.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property