Monday, September 29, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
Teachers ~ Please check dress code. Anyone out of dress code should be sent to Guidance. Also, check planners to make sure each student has her/his planner and not someone else's planner. THANKS!
Tomorrow is the last day students may wear shorts and capris. Starting Wednesday, only long pants may be worn ~ no shorts or capris.
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1996, the Nintendo 64 video game system came to stores in the United States. That first day, Nintendo sold 500,000 systems!
Main Entree: Spaghetti; Garlic Bread; French Fries; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Glazed Toast
Remember to turn in your forms and money!
Sack lunches will be provided for students that can no longer charge or do not have forms.
Students ~ You must sit on the correct side of the cafeteria. Lunch detentions will be given if you are on the wrong side!
School pictures will be taken Thursday, October 9th. Students must wear their uniform.
IMSA will meet today after school in room 206.
• Students ~ you should drop off your PE clothes in the locker room at 7:50 AM when you enter the building.
• Students who have PE 4th block need to put their uniforms back on at the end of class. You may not leave the gym for dismissal in your gym clothes.
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade physicals are due now! Please get them in to the office as soon as possible.
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year. We need to maintain at least a 90% attendance rate for meeting AYP.
Attendance Report For Friday
6th Grade - 149 Present - 89% Attendance Rate
7th Grade - 153 Present - 84% Attendance Rate
LAPTOPS & AUP FORMS
7th & 8th Grade Students ~ In order for you to be able to use your laptop, your AUP form must be signed and turned in to Mrs. Gephart. Forms can be found on the door of room 116 and in the Guidance Office.
Fundraiser items are scheduled to be here tomorrow. Students with large orders should make arrangements with their parents to be picked up that day instead of riding the bus home.
6th Girls Basketball
Congratulations to the 6th grade girls basketball teams! The girls played Grant Middle School on Saturday and won the B game 16 to 3 but lost the A game 4 to 10. Chrisandra B. had a total of 10 points; Lakeia C. had 6 points; and Dearra W. had 2 points. Great sportsmanship ladies and congratulations again!
Pom Pon Clinic
There will be a junior pom pon clinic for K-8th grade October 4th from 9AM-1PM. See Ms. Nelson for more information.
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
JMS requires the following uniform style of dress for all students:
• 3-4 button solid color collared polo shirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue
• Solid crewneck sweatshirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue (no hood or zipper)
• Solid color pants in khaki, navy blue, or black (no denim, cargo, or sweatpants)
• No baggy clothing - pants must fit at the waist or belt
• No writing, emblems, logos, words, or numbers on clothing
• Capri pants or shorts in khaki, navy blue, or black may be worn until September 30th or after April 30th. Shorts must be at the middle finger length.
• No skirts or dresses (exception - religious objection)
• Excessively long shirts must be tucked in
• The only shirt that may be worn under the uniform shirt is a tucked in short sleeved white t-shirt!
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes!
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
After the 2:30PM dismissal bell, you must hustle on out to the buses. Once the buses leave, they cannot be called back. The buses have more routes to run for other schools after he/she finishes your route.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!