Thursday, September 18, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO SCHOOL TOMORROW ~ TEACHER INSERVICE DAY
Teachers ~ Please check dress code. Anyone out of dress code should be sent to Guidance. Also, check planners to make sure each student has her/his planner and not someone else's planner. THANKS!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1830, a race was held between a horse and the first locomotive built in America. The locomotive named "Tom Thumb" raced against a real horse in a nine-mile course. "Tom Thumb" suffered mechanical difficulties including a leaky boiler. If you had your money on the horse, you won! "Tom Thumb" lost by more than a nose.
Main Entree: Nacho Grande; French Fries; Cheese Cauliflower
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
Remember to turn in your forms and money!
Sack lunches will be provided for students that can no longer charge.
Students ~ You must sit on the correct side of the cafeteria. Lunch detentions will be given if you are on the wrong side!
• Students ~ you should drop off your PE clothes in the locker room at 7:50 AM when you enter the building.
• Students who have PE 4th block need to put their uniforms back on at the end of class. You may not leave the gym for dismissal in your gym clothes.
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade physicals are due now! Please get them in to the office as soon as possible.
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year. We need to maintain at least a 90% attendance rate for meeting AYP.
Attendance Report For yesterday
6th Grade - 11 Absent - 94% Attendance Rate
7th Grade - 27 Absent - 85% Attendance Rate
7th & 8th grade students will receive their laptops on Friday, September 26th. The plan is for 8th grade to have their training during 2nd block, 9:30-11AM and 7th grade during 4th block, 1-2:30PM.
Cheerleading results will be posted on the trophy case in the main lobby today at 2:30PM.
Our next home girls basketball game is today at 3:30PM. The cost is $1 for students and $2 for adults. Come support the teams!
Change in time! There will be a cross country meet today at 3:30PM at Rotary Park. The bus will leave JMS at 2:45PM.
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
JMS requires the following uniform style of dress for all students:
• 3-4 button solid color collared polo shirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue
• Solid crewneck sweatshirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue (no hood or zipper)
• Solid color pants in khaki, navy blue, or black (no denim, cargo, or sweatpants)
• No baggy clothing - pants must fit at the waist or belt
• No writing, emblems, logos, words, or numbers on clothing
• Capri pants or shorts in khaki, navy blue, or black may be worn until September 30th or after April 30th. Shorts must be at the middle finger length.
• No skirts or dresses (exception - religious objection)
• Excessively long shirts must be tucked in
• The only shirt that may be worn under the uniform shirt is a tucked in short sleeved white t-shirt!
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes!
Winning Planner Book Numbers: 125, 322, 561, 451, 222, 35
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
After the 2:30PM dismissal bell, you must hustle on out to the buses. Once the buses leave, they cannot be called back. The buses have more routes to run for other schools after he/she finishes your route.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!