Thursday, January 31, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
SSRW BOOK GIVEAWAY
The monthly SSRW book giveaway winners will be announced over the intercom today at 10:45AM. Winners will come to the library to pick out their new books. Students will stay in the library until dismissal time.
See Mrs. Stearns this morning if you can work this Saturday at Lindsay Elementary School's Snow Carnival. Ten volunteers are needed from 1-3PM.
There will be a nacho sale tomorrow during the 7th & 8th grade lunch shifts. Nachos will be sold for $1.
All band students will have their pictures taken tomorrow for the yearbook. Remember to wear dark blue or black pants. You will be called by grade to the band room to prepare. Have your instrument!
6th & 7th graders: registration forms are due in the Guidance Office by February 8th. You must turn in your form in order to be registered for school next year.
• 8th grade boys basketball players need to be back at school today at 4:45PM. The bus will leave promptly at 5PM for the regional game.
• Team pictures for cheerleaders will be tomorrow. We will call you out of class to change into your uniform.
• If anyone is interested, we have YMCA flag football registration forms in the main office.
WINTER PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES
Please remind your parents that we will be having parent/teacher conferences today from 3-7PM. Parents will have the opportunity to meet with your team of teachers in the designated classrooms.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings!
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!