Monday, January 14, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Sweatshirts must be worn the proper way — not inside out!
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Chili with Crackers; French Fries
Chips will be sold at the registers.
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
J-Jazz begins today with practice after school. We have new music and will review old for the competition. New members will be allowed at this time!
• 6th grade boys' basketball team members do not have practice tonight. You will have practice tomorrow from 4-5PM. Tomorrow you cannot stay after school. You will need to find a ride back to school for practice. There will be an activity bus at 5PM.
• The 6th grade volleyball teams played well on Saturday. Congratulations to the A team on their first win of the season.
• There will be practice today for the 8th grade girls' volleyball team from 2:30-4PM.
NED WAS HERE!
The Ned Show came to Jefferson.
Never give up
Do your best
Yo-yos will be on sale during lunch today through Tuesday. Stop by the main lobby with your money and your order form.
Attention all Beta Club members: please turn in your January hours! We will have our next meeting on Wednesday. You should also be turning in your money for the convention.
Remember there is an informational meeting for Scholastic Bowl in room 206 after school on Tuesday, January 15th. See Miss Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers. If you must be removed from a classroom that has a guest teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!