Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
ALERT!!!! Everyone should be wearing long pants to school. Capris will no longer be allowed to be worn until the spring.
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ you must wear shoes in the classroom and in the halls!
Main Entree: Fish Sandwiches, Broccoli Cheese Rice, Corn
A la Carte: Rice Krispy Treats 50¢
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Tomorrow's A la Carte: Mozy Sticks with Sauce
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
6th grade band Thursday: 1st hour ~ full band
No J-Jazz practice today.
HEALTH FIELD TRIP
7th grade health classes will be going on a field trip to LLCC tomorrow morning from 9-11:30AM.
There will be a Beta Club meeting in the library after school today from 2:30-4PM. Any Jefferson student who is on honor roll is eligible to join! See you there!
Retake day is November 15th and is only for:
• absent kids on the original picture day
• kids who bring their packet to exchange for a new one
• kids who bring money to buy a new packet
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
The Halloween dance will be held Friday, November 9th immediately after school from 2:30-4PM You must either have your ride here at 4 or you will be put on an activity bus. If you have had 3 or more "buddy room" visits or if you have been suspended during October, you will not be able to attend the dance. The "No Dance" list should be posted Thursday.
Since the dance is immediately after school, you must wear your school uniform!
Dance tickets — $3 each — will be sold in advance during lunch shifts Thursday & Friday.
This is a reminder to ALL students that it is NOT okay to hit or kick others outside, in the hallways, or in the classrooms before, during, and after the lunch hours or school hours! Any behavior that threatens the safety and well-being of another student will not be tolerated at Jefferson. Games in which a group of students target individuals, such as "mosh pit," may be considered bullying or group intimidation and disciplined accordingly. We are counting on all students to show respect by keeping their hands and feet to themselves while outside and in the hallways, today and for the remainder of the school year.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
The following students have had their PRIDE cards drawn and may pick up their prizes in the main office after school:
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!