Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
FIRST DAY PACKETS
STUDENTS: Please be sure to have your parent/guardian read, sign & return those important forms as soon as possible!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Main Entree: Chili Cheese Dogs & French Fries
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Due to unacceptable behavior on the playground at lunch, 7th grade lunch procedures will change as of today. Girls will go to the front of the building and line up at the gym lobby doors when the whistle is blown. Boys will go to the back of the building and line up at the cafeteria doors when the whistle is blown.
• Today is the last day to make a schedule change. A parent form must be signed in order to change a schedule.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
• Fund raiser money and order forms are due Wednesday, September 5th. The first place seller will receive $100 cash! The second place seller will receive $50 cash!
• Our "Welcome Back to School" dance will be held Friday, September 7th, only for JMS students. All JMS students are invited to attend from 6-8 PM. Admission is $3 per student.
Just a reminder — Kicks discount cards are still available in the main office. The cards cost $10 each for deals on buffet meals and games.
6th grade girls' basketball tryouts will be held Thursday, Sept. 6th, from 4-5 PM. If you have any questions, please see Ms. McCorkle in room 107.
Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade boy or girl that is interested in running cross country needs to see Mrs. Borders for more information about practices. It's not too late to join the team!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!