Monday, October 19, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Samajai H., Dailyn T., Mark M., & Sonya M.!
Main Entree: Chicken Patty; BBQ Beef Rib; Cold Plate
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bacon & Egg on a Biscuit
Breakfast Smoothies are coming to JMS beginning tomorrow! You will receive a Smoothie & a pack of graham crackers.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Picture Retake Day
Picture retake day will be November 5th. Listen for more information.
Don't forget that all IMSA t-shirt & sweatshirt order forms are due by tomorrow. Please turn everything in to Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman.
Art Club meets today after school in room 118. There are still spots available. If you are interested in joining, get a application from the Jaguar News & take it home for parent permission.
There is a meeting after school today in Mrs. Goss-Rodgers' classroom, room 103. You will start working on the yearbook layout and discuss a few exciting things.
Science Club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 209. If you have questions, see Mrs. Franklin or Ms. Wright.
JMS will be hosting a Halloween Dance on Friday, October 30th from 5-8PM. If you choose to wear a costume, make sure it is appropriate. If you still have overdue/unreturned library books or owe fines from the previous school year, you may not attend the dance.
Scholastic Book Fair
Let's get excited because the Scholastic Book Fair will be at JMS from November 16-20. This year's theme is a monster theme but don't be afraid to start making out your wish lists right now.
You will also be able to visit the book fair during Family Reading Night on November 19 from 5:30-7:30PM.
More about the book fair in the coming weeks!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Library Reading Poster Contest
All library reading poster submissions for the contest are due today. Get those entries turned in to Mrs. Groesch as soon as possible!
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Also, pie forms & money are due to Mr. Craner in room 117 today.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We earned $75 so far just by collecting Box Tops. Thank you to everyone who has turned in Box Tops. Your names will stay in the mix for future raffles. There will be another drawing in October so keep collecting those Box Tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
6/7/8th grade girls have practice today from 2:45-5PM.
No practice today. You will have practice tomorrow from 2:30-4PM. Remember to bring your pie forms & money.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball
Consult your schedule.
• Boys' Basketball
7th & 8th grade boys' basketball tryouts begin today.
7th grade - 5-6:30PM
8th grade - 6-8PM
Wear appropriate clothes & shoes. You must provide your own transportation.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!