Tuesday, October 27, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Main Entree: Nachos with Taco Meat; Hot Ham & Swiss Sub Sandwich
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Poptart
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Picture Retake Day
Picture retake day will be November 5th. Listen for more information.
There are still spots available. If you are interested in joining, get a application from the Jaguar News & take it home for parent permission.
IMSA will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 202. If you have questions, see Mrs. Horstman or Ms. Wright.
Sales of the 2015-16 yearbook will begin this week! There will be a special price available ONLY during Student Led Conferences on Thursday & Friday.
Flyers are going home this week with all students. Additional flyers & order forms will be available in the Jaguar News. If you have questions, see Ms. Sponsler or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers.
There will be show choir practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. See Ms. Harrison.
The next meeting will be held on November 6th from 2:40-4PM in room 218.
Congratulations to our new officers:
President - Skyy H.
Vice President - Kayleigh S.
Corresponding Secretary - Mariyana M.
Service Hour Secretary - Reighauna S.
Recording Secretary - Kate B.
Red Ribbon Week
One way we can show respect toward ourselves is by staying drug-free. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse about 570,000 people die annually due to drug use. That breaks down to about 440,000 from tobacco, 85,000 due to alcohol, 20,000 due to illegal drugs, and 20,000 due to prescription drug abuse.
Today at lunch, Ms. Rennison will be handing out drug-free stickers to any student who pledges to remain drug-free.
Congratulations to Lindsay P.! Lindsay was the 1st student at JMS to read 5 Rebecca Caudill books. She now qualifies to go to the Rebecca Caudill party in February & will get to vote on her favorite Rebecca Caudill book. Good job, Lindsay!
JMS will be hosting a Halloween Dance Friday from 5-7PM. If you choose to wear a costume, make sure it is appropriate. If you still have overdue/unreturned library books or owe fines from the previous school year, you may not attend the dance.
Scholastic Book Fair
Let's get excited because the Scholastic Book Fair will be at JMS from November 16-20. This year's theme is a monster theme but don't be afraid to start making out your wish lists right now.
You will also be able to visit the book fair during Family Reading Night on November 19 from 5:30-7:30PM.
More about the book fair in the coming weeks!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! Enrollment has been pushed to November 15th. See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
BoxTops are due today in order to be eligible for tomorrow's drawing. The winner of the special lunch will be announced tomorrow on the morning announcements.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
6/7/8th grade girls will practice today from 2:45-5PM.
Practice today from 2:30-5PM.
• Boys' Basketball
7th grade boys have practice today from 4:30-6PM.
8th grade boys have practice tonight from 6-8PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!