Monday, November 9, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Pizza Bagel; Corn Dogs; Cold Plate
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Meeting today from 2:30-4PM in room 118.
Mrs. Magruder would like to thank Kate B. & Lindsay P. for coming to the fairgrounds on Saturday to help with the setup for Festival of Trees. JMS will have a tree displayed at the Festival of Trees from November 21st-29th.
There will be band tutoring today after school fro 2:30-4PM in room 122. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Science Club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 209. If you have any questions, see Ms. Wright or Mrs. Franklin.
JMS Reading Poster Contest
It is time to announce the winners of the JMS Reading Poster Contest. Thank you to all who entered. If you would like to see all of the entries, they are posted outside the library on the library windows. There were many good entries!
1st Place - Kate B. who won a $25 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.
2nd Place - Jakaylia W. who won a bag of candy.
3rd Place - Angel Ware who also won a bag of candy.
Also, the winner of the jar of candy is Taryn W. from Mrs. Impson's class!
Family Reading Night
When: Thursday, November 19th
We MOUSTACHE you to come to Family Reading Night! There will be dinner served. Some of the activities will be poetry writing, a fun photo booth, the chance to design an advertisement, plus raffles for books & more! Students should be keeping track of the pages they are reading between November 2nd & November 13th. The top reader in each class will get to draw a moustache on a teacher's or administrator's photo that will be displayed in the trophy case in the main lobby. Students' names will also be entered into a special drawing.
Flyers are going home. Please fill out the bottom & return this RSVP by Friday, November 13th.
Scholastic Book Fair
The JMS Scholastic Book Fair will be coming to JMS in less than 2 weeks! Get your money ready because we will be selling the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, Old School. If you have money for the book fair during the week of November 16-20, you will be able to go to the book fair and to make purchases. Happy Reading!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! Enrollment has been pushed to November 15th. See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Keep collecting those Box Tops! The next drawing for the special lunch will be held at the end of November.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
7/8th grade girls have AWAY games today against Quincy. 1st game begins at 4:30PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
NO practice today.
• Boys' Basketball
7/8th grade boys have HOME games today against Chatham Glenwood. 1st game begins at 4:30PM.
• SHS Youth Cheer Camp
Clinic Date & Time: Friday, December 4th from 4-6PM with registration beginning at 3:30PM
Location: Springfield High School Annex & Gymnasium
Cost: $25 non-refundable with checks made payable to SHS Cheerleading with your participant's name in the memo
What to Wear: T-shirt, shorts or pants [no jeans], tennis shoes, & socks. Hair should be pulled back.
Participants will receive a t-shirt at the clinic. The t-shirts are to be worn during the participants' performance, which will be the following Friday, December 11th at the half time of the Junior Varsity game. Game begins at 6PM & participants should arrive at that time to review their learned material.
Please contact Coach Nora Lauer with your child's registration information as soon as possible! If registration occurs after Monday, November 30th, your child will NOT be guaranteed a clinic t-shirt.
Registration forms are available in the Jaguar News section in the lobbies.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!