Monday, January 11, 2016
• INSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE TEMPERATURE IS ABOVE 30˚ •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Final Exam Schedule
Monday ~ Literature/Writing Exams
Tuesday ~ Math Exams
Thursday ~ Science/History Exams
Friday ~ Make Up Exams
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Next time you go to the supermarket, see how many whole grain products you can find. One clue is a label that says "Whole Grain" in big letters. Look for the word "whole" in front of a grain that's the first ingredient on the ingredient list.
Don't be fooled when reading labels. If the ingredient label says "wheat flour" it's probably refined white flour and not "whole wheat." Look for "whole wheat" or "whole oats" if you want a food high in whole grains.
Just because a product's label say "multi-grain," this does not automatically mean that it's a whole grain product. Look for words like "whole wheat," "brown rice" or "oats" as one of the first ingredients.
Main Entree: Pepperoni Pizza; Spicy Chicken Patty on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bacon & Egg on a Biscuit
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Thank to those of you who picked up an AVID application. If you have an application, please complete the application along with the teacher recommendation form attached, and please return it to Mrs. Lott or Ms. Petty in room 222 by Thursday, January 14th. We look forward to you turning in your application!
Art club will meet after school today from 2:30-4PM in room 118. See Mrs. Magruder if you have any questions.
There will be band tutoring after school today from 2:30-4PM in room 122. See Ms. Harrison if you have any questions.
Science Fair Club
Cancelled for today! Mrs. Franklin will check in with you tomorrow.
Staff will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 103. See Ms. Sponsler or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers if you have questions.
Washington, D.C. Fundraiser Info
8th graders going to Washington, D.C.:
Fundraiser donuts will be at JMS Friday, January 15th, by 7:15AM.
Please meet promptly at 2:35PM in room 214 tomorrow for the activity.
If you signed up for tomorrow's after-school WEB activity, please come to room 214 with all of your things right after the 2:30PM bell.
High School Preview Night
High School Preview Night will be held at all SPS high schools tomorrow evening from 6-7PM.
8th graders ~ You should attend the preview night at the high school you are scheduled to attend in the fall.
Our next IMSA meeting will be tomorrow after school. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
7/8th grade practice from 2:30-4PM today.
• Boys' Basketball
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!