Thursday, January 21, 2016
• INSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK DUE TO DANGEROUSLY LOW TEMPERATURE •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
How many types of beans can you think of that are used in Mexican and Spanish dishes? Black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, lima beans, and green beans are five different types.
Spanish and Mexican food can be spicy because chili peppers are used. Some chili peppers are very hot; some are not. If we prefer mild tastes, we can add just a little bit of chili pepper.
Main Entree: Tacos; Lasagna; Chef Salad
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. See Ms. Harrison if you have questions.
Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 103. See Mrs. Flanagan or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers with questions.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Congratulations to the following students for placing in the Scholastic Art Show:
Alicia P. - Silver Key Award
Jayla U. - Honorable Mention
Jesse Harris - Honorable Mention
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
- 6th grade practice today from 2:30-4PM.
7/8th grade AWAY games at Rochester beginning at 4:30PM. Team bus leaves JMS at 3:30PM.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email email@example.com or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!