Monday, January 25, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
People who come from Russia and Eastern Europe eat a soup called Borscht that is made from beets. They also eat a grain called buckwheat. When these are cooking in a home or restaurant, the kitchen is filled with wonderful aromas.
People who come to America from Italy know how to prepare tasty dishes using tomato, eggplant, olives, green or red peppers, and white beans. The Mediterranean diet is based on nutritious foods like these and is known to be very good for your heart.
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: BBQ Rib on a Bun; Chicken Patty on a Bun; Chef Salad
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancake & Sausage on a Stick
**No A La Carte selling for the rest of January due to gum on Trays!**
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
Yearbook Staff Meeting
Reminder that you have a meeting today in Mrs. Goss-Rodgers' room — room 103 — after school today from 2:30-4PM. Bring all of your things and report to the classroom by 2:35PM!
There will be band tutoring today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Art club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 118. See Mrs. Magruder if you have problems.
Science club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 209. If you have any questions, see Ms. Wright or Mrs. Franklin.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
"Even In The Future, The Story Begins With Once Upon A Time."
Join the JMS book club! We will be reading Cinder. Anyone may join! We will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip!
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing in January so keep collecting those box tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
- 7th grade practice today from 4-5PM.
- 8th grade practice today from 5-6PM.
- No 6th grade practice today or tomorrow.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!