Thursday, January 28, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Peanuts and the peanut butter that is made from them are excellent sources of protein, iron, B vitamins, and energy. Many brands of peanut butter contain added sugar and oils that are not healthy for us, although some more healthy brands are made simply from peanuts.
George Washington Carver was an American man, born in Missouri, who taught people excellent ways to use healthful foods such as peanuts, sweet potatoes, soybeans, and pecans.
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Meatloaf; Chicken Alfredo Noodles
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
**No A La Carte selling for the rest of January due to gum on Trays!**
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Attention Beta Club members:
Mrs. Beebe needs help with a project after school. Please come to room 114 today after school from 2:30-4PM. You have an opportunity to earn service hours.
Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. If you have questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Practice today after school at 2:30PM in room 103. See Mrs. Goss-Rodgers or Mrs. Flanagan if you have questions.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
The JMS book club will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
8th graders interested in becoming an exchange student in Ashikaga, Japan:
The next information session will be held on Monday, February 8th at 7PM in the Board Room of the Springfield District 186 Administrative Center at 1900 W. Monroe Street next to Grant Middle School.
All interested students and their parents are encouraged to attend. Applications will be available at the meetings. February 29th is the application deadline.
Families unable to attend one of the information sessions may contact the SCAS Ashikaga committee chair for more information and an application packet. Be sure to check out the article on the JMS webpage for contact information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle.
the winner of the lunch raffle for January is Aiden S. — Congratulations! Aiden gets to choose a guest of honor for a special lunch on Thursday.
There will be another drawing in February so keep collecting those box tops!
Spirit Wear Orders
JMS Spirit Wear orders are being accepted now! You may order long-sleeve t-shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and hooded sweatshirts [may not be worn in class]. No short-sleeve t-shirts are being sold at this time. All order forms and money are due no later than February 5th!
Order forms can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
6th grade practice today from 2:30-4PM.
7/8th grade girls have AWAY games today against LMS/BC. The 1st game begins at 4:30PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 3:30PM.
• Springfield Youth Football
Tackle football for 1st through 8th grade!
2016 registration will be held Saturday, February 6th from 10AM-1PM in the basement of the Bank of Springfield Building at 9th & Madison.
New players must bring a copy of their birth certificate that the league can keep. The registration fee is $105 for returning players and $135 for new players.
Flyers are available in the Jaguar News.
For more information, call (217) 341-8205 or email email@example.com or go to http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!