Friday, March 11, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
A food can say that it is 99% fat-free & still have lots of fat. How can that be? An ounce of low-fat cheese has about 7/100 of a gram of fat so, by weight, the cheese is only about 7% fat. However, it's more important to look at what percent calories come from fat. In this case, more than a third of the calories come from fat.
Monique H., Audia S., Travier M., Howard A., Shedriquise L. !
Main Entree: Hamburger Horseshoe; Macaroni & Cheese
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagel
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
The deadline to order yearbooks is Friday, March 18th. No orders will be accepted after that day. See Mrs. Goss-Rodgers, Ms. Sponsler or the Jaguar News for order forms. The cost is $20.
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
The winners for the February and March Box Top Lunch drawings are ………….
Chakyia M. and Chris M.
They are the last winners of the lunch raffle. For the months of April and May, we will be pulling from the raffle to see who wins certificates for Snack Attack items. There will be 8 winners each month. To be entered into the drawing, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops attached to a “dollar” form & turn it in to your 1st hour teacher. Extra forms can be found in the Jaguar News.
Let’s go JMS, keep turning in those boxtops! Every single boxtop adds up and is a way to help support our school. Keep up the good work!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
Please be at FMS Saturday by 9:15AM for your games.
Track practice every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday unless otherwise notified or if you have a meet. Please direct any questions to Mr. Blunk in room 215.
• SSHS Pom Tryouts
Anyone planning to tryout for the 2016-2017 Southeast Spartan Pom Squad must attend the information meeting with a parent. At this meeting you will receive the necessary forms and information needed for tryouts. If you have any questions, email email@example.com
Mandatory Parent Informational Meeting:
Tuesday, March 22 at 6PM in the Southeast HS Library
Tryouts in the Southeast HS Gym:
Thursday, April 7th from 3:30-5PM
Friday, April 8th from 3:30-5PM
Saturday, April 9th from 9AM-12PM
• SHS Cheerleading Tryouts
Anyone planning to tryout for the 2016-2017 Springfield High School cheerleading squad must attend the information meeting with a parent. At this meeting you will receive the necessary forms and information needed for tryouts.
Mandatory Parent Informational Meeting:
Monday, March 21st from 5:30-6:30PM in the SHS Commons
Tryout Clinics in the SHS Gym:
April 4th - April 7th from 3:45-6PM
Tryouts in the SHS Gym:
April 8th beginning at 4PM
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!