Friday, May 20, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Did you know that the laws about food are influenced by the food industry? For instance, some places want laws that require fast food restaurants to post information about how many calories are in their food. Fast food restaurants often fight this kind of law because they don't want people to find out how fattening and unhealthy their food can be or some people would stop eating it. It's too bad that companies are more interested in making money than in keeping people healthy or just telling the truth.
Kayla B., Angela B., Coleone P., Cherise H., & Desiree M.!
Main Entree: Cheeseburger; Chicken Patty on a Bun
Monday's Breakfast: Pancake & Sausage on a Stick
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Please turn in your permission slips and money to Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman as soon as possible!
8th Grade End of the Year Dance
Don't forget that everyone is invited to attend the dance this evening from 6-8PM. 8th graders only are invited to dinner at 5PM. Come have an "end of the school year" blast! Admission is $3 each. You may not come if you have any overdue library books.
The last day to purchase yearbooks will be Monday. There are only 20 left. Yearbooks cost $25 each. Get yours before they are gone!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Good luck to Lezhauria W. & Tyrese P. as they compete in the State Track meet!
Other track members should turn in their uniforms to Mr. Blunk as soon as possible. Put your uniform in a bag and write your name with all the uniform piece sizes and numbers on a piece of paper attached to the bag. Fines will be given out starting on Friday for missing uniforms.
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!