Friday, May 27, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
LAST DAY TO USE LOCKERS IS TODAY!!!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Getting active doesn't just mean exercising more (although that is important). Getting active can also mean contacting government officials (like your senator or representative) and letting them know how you feel about things like food advertising, junk food, and soda in schools, and encouraging others to do so too. This helps the people who represent you to know what you want them to do.
Mataveon W., Jasmine B., Michael N., & Ronald J.!
July Summer Birthdays:
John V. D.
Main Entree: Manager's Choice
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Mrs. Stella's Choice
Remember that you may choose the Grab 'n Go breakfast in the morning! Please be sure to throw your trash away in the trash cans. Do not throw it on the playground.
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Ms. Small in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Highway to Health
Highway to Health day is Tuesday! Students will have an opportunity to try a variety of healthy activities that day.
Our sessions include yoga, martial arts instruction, hip hop dance instruction, and making a healthy snack. During lunch shifts, Deputy Smith will be checking your baseball throwing speed with his radar in his squad car!
When it is not your grade’s turn for the sessions, you will be watching movies in your classroom.
Students will be allowed to wear athletic clothing that are appropriate and follow the District dress code guidelines.
Beta Club will meet today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 218.
Congratulations to the 2016-17 WEB Leaders!
Kiara F., Mackenzie B., Jared H., Alex H., Latylia R., Sandy G., Christianna W., Daniel G., Taylor D., Sean C., Ariona F., Kyndra F., Khya M., Bryannah L., Anyia S., David W., Myia A., Jeremy B., Jaquon H., Staci S., Carmen G.-R. P., Luticia N.-C., Janetta F., & Natalie F.!
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
Track members should turn in their uniforms to Mr. Blunk as soon as possible. Put your uniform in a bag and write your name with all the uniform piece sizes and numbers on a piece of paper attached to the bag. Fines are being issued for missing uniforms.
• Summer Sport Camps
Be sure to check the Jaguar News by the gym for information on a variety of summer sport camps.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!