Wednesday, August 23, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT • NO ADVISORY CLASSES ON WEDNESDAYS ~ GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR 1ST PERIOD CLASS WEDNESDAY MORNINGS • 1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Cheeseburger; Catfish Sandwich; Cold Plates; PBJ; Ham & Cheese
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Peach Parfait with Granola
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - If you are interested in running on the cross country team this year, bring shorts and running shoes and be prepared to run after school tomorrow. We will meet a the gym at 2:45PM. There will be an activity bus at 4:15PM for transportation home.
• Cheerleading - There is a mandatory parent meeting on August 25th from 6-7PM in the library.
Cheer clinic dates are August 28th & 29th from 4:30-6PM in the gym. You MUST attend both clinics in order to try out. Tryouts will be held on Thursday, August 31st beginning at 4:30PM in the gym. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student is welcome to tryout. Please wear comfortable, length-appropriate shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, and hair bow for cheer clinics and tryouts.
• Basketball - Listen to the announcements for more information on when tryouts will begin.
• SSHS Pom Camp - Southeast High School is sponsoring a Pom Camp for all K-8 grade 186 students. The camp will be held on September 2nd from 9AM-12PM at Southeast High School. For more information, grab a flyer from the Jaguar Sports News outside of the gym.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!