Wednesday, August 30, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT • 1:30PM DISMISSAL •
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
India D. & Jillian E.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Philly Steak & Cheese on Sub; BBQ Chicken on Ciabatta Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg, Bacon & Cheese on a Bagel
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
JMS spirit wear t-shirt order forms can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All orders and money are due by September 22nd.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
• IMSA - If you are a student interested in math or science, IMSA is the club for you! Applications are available in the Jaguar News and must be turned in to Miss Moore by Friday. Return those applications as soon as possible because space is limited! Questions? See Miss Moore in room 206.
• Back to School Dance - Our 1st dance will be held on Friday from 3-5PM in the gym. Admission is $3 per JMS student. Snacks and drinks will be sold for $1 each. For $1, students may wear school appropriate out-of-uniform clothing on Friday! Please refer to page 22 of the SPS 186 Student & Family Handbook for specific dress code guidelines. There will be activities busses.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - Practice Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 2:30-4PM. There will be an activity bus.
• Cheerleading - Tryouts will be held tomorrow beginning at 4:30PM in the gym. Any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student who has attended the parent meeting & both clinics is welcome to tryout. Please wear comfortable, length-appropriate shorts, t-shirt, sneakers, and hair bow for tryouts.
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice will be held tomorrow from 2:30-4PM in the gym. You must have your gym shoes. There will be an activity bus to take you home. If you have any questions, see Coach Gephart in room 216.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball - Tryouts for this year's 6BBB team will be held today from 4-7PM.
• SSHS Pom Camp - Southeast High School is sponsoring a Pom Camp for all K-8 grade 186 students. The camp will be held on September 2nd from 9AM-12PM at Southeast High School. For more information, grab a flyer from the Jaguar Sports News outside of the gym.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!