Friday, September 15, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
Jazmyne H., Aiden S., Megan R., Alissa S., Braydon M., Aniah J., & Mercedez G.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Chicken Pattie on a Bun or Hot Dogs
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
JMS spirit wear t-shirt order forms can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. All orders and money are due by September 22nd.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Once again, JMS will be participating in the BoxTops for Education program. Mrs. Constant is the coordinator this year.
Bring in BoxTops, give them to your teacher, and you will receive a coupon for our monthly prize drawing. Help us help our school!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• Cross Country - Franklin XC Invite tomorrow at 4:30PM at UIS. Team bus leaves JMS at 3PM.
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball - Games tomorrow at WMS beginning at 9:30AM. Be there by 9AM!
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice Monday after school from 2:30-4PM. There will be an activity bus.
• 6th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice Monday from 5-6:30PM. You must arrange your own transportation.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball -
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball - Open gym tomorrow from 4-6PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!