Thursday, October 26, 2017
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT • 1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY • 1st QUARTER REPORT CARDS WENT HOME YESTERDAY •
Remember ~ Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
Student-Led Conferences will be held this evening from 5-8PM and tomorrow during regular school hours, 8AM-2:30PM. Your parents should have received an appointment time.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
Daniel B., Braden N., La'Dyamond S., & Gabby R.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Bacon Cheeseburgers OR Chicken Horseshoes
Monday's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Bosco Sticks
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
Order forms for long sleeve t-shirts, crew neck sweatshirts, and hoodies can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. Please remember that hoodies cannot be worn in the classroom. The next order will be submitted tomorrow.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Yearbook applications are available from Ms. Sponsler in room 123A and Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103. Applications must be filled out completely and turned in by the end of the day today.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cheerleaders -
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball - Games Saturday at WMS. B team plays at 8AM & A team plays at 8:45AM.
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 8th Grade Girls' Basketball -
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball - NO games Saturday. This is a BYE week for you.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice Friday from 5-7PM & Saturday from 9-11AM.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice Friday from 6-8PM, Saturday from 4-7PM, & Sunday from 4-6PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!