Monday, April 16, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Did you know you can live up to 50 days without food, but only a few days without water? Water makes up about 60% of our bodies!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, etc.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
We are conducting hallway sweeps! Get to class on time. If you are tardy, you will be instructed to go to one of the offices where you will call your parent and then be issued consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Jamiah M., Xavier G., Jordan H., & Aviahna D.!
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Chili with Crackers OR Mini Cheese Pizza Bagels
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch!
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
If you are on Check-in Check-out, please remember to give your check sheet to each of your teachers AND to check out with your last teacher of the day!
Get your JMS yearbook ordered now! Place your order for a JMS 2017-18 Yearbook for the low price of $25. Order forms can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
Spring pictures will be taken on Wednesday. Only students who have money and order forms will be allowed to take spring pictures.
Students will be allowed to change out of their uniform for their spring pictures. After taking their pictures, students MUST change back into their school uniform.
Order forms were sent home.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• JMS Cheerleaders - Cheer tryouts for any rising 6th-8th grade JMS student will be held on April 27th at 4:30PM in the JMS gym. Mandatory parent meeting April 20th from 6-7PM in the JMS library. Clinics on April 23rd & 24th from 4:30-6PM in the JMS gym. Proper attire for clinics and tryouts = comfortable, length appropriate shorts, t-shirt, and a hair bow.
You must complete the packet of information prior to the mandatory parent meeting Friday evening.
• SSHS Poms - Southeast High School pom applications can be found in the Jaguar News for those interested in trying out for the 2018-2019 pom squad.
• UIS Summer Volleyball Camp - Elite Skills Camp for 14-17 year olds on June 19-20 from 9AM-3PM for $70. More info is available in the Jaguar News.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!