Monday, April 23, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • 4TH QUARTER PROGRESS REPORT CARDS WENT HOME FRIDAY •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED THIS WEEK DUE TO THE BOOK FAIR. DO NOT ENTER THE LIBRARY! YOU MAY ONLY ENTER THE LIBRARY WITH YOUR CLASS THAT IS GOING TO THE BOOK FAIR.
IF YOU HAVE A BOOK TO RETURN, GIVE IT TO YOUR TEACHER. THERE WILL BE NO BOOK CHECK OUT UNTIL THE RED SIGNS ON THE LIBRARY DOORS ARE DOWN!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
When you exercise, you sweat. When you sweat, you lose water. During exercise you need to drink an extra 4-6 ounces of water for every 15-20 minutes of activity.
Congratulations to the following classes who showed respect and did the right thing for a guest teacher.
• Mrs. Sullivan's 5th period class on Thursday, April 19th.
• Ms. Harrison's 1st period class on Tuesday, April 17th and 1st, 4th, & 7th period classes on Friday, April 20th.
• Mrs. Franklin's advisory class on Monday, April 16th and 2nd period class on Friday, April 20th.
• Ms. Moore's advisory class on Thursday, April 19th.
• Ms. Alexander's 7th period class on Wednesday, April 18th.
Keep showing that Jaguar PRIDE!!
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, etc.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Students may NOT take photos or videos while on the school grounds. There are several JMS students who may not be photographed or videoed by law. If you are asked to stop or asked to surrender your phone, you must comply. If you do not, your parent/guardian will be called and will have to come to school.
You may only go to your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You may not go to your locker between classes. Be sure you are prepared for class!
You only have 12 bathroom passes per quarter. Use them wisely. Do not walk out of class if your teacher asks you to wait.
We are conducting hallway sweeps! Get to class on time. If you are tardy, you will be instructed to go to one of the offices where you will call your parent and then be issued consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Please do not send balloons, flowers, candy, cupcakes, etc. to celebrate student birthdays. Students should not wear birthday tiaras, sashes, buttons, etc. as these items are not part of the enhanced dress code. Our goal is to keep to a minimum the number of distractions in the learning environment.
Main Entrée: Macaroni & Cheese OR Spicy Chicken Patty on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese on a Bagel
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
When you hear the tardy bell music, girls should be in the cafeteria and boys should be outside. You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch!
PE LOCKER ROOMS
The PE locker rooms are open in the morning before advisory everyday. This is when you should put your PE clothes in your PE locker. No bags are allowed in classrooms.
BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION
Keep bringing in those Box Tops!
If you are on Check-in Check-out, please remember to give your check sheet to each of your teachers AND to check out with your last teacher of the day!
Buy your JMS yearbook now for the low price of $20 from now until the end of this week! See Ms. Sponsler in room 123A or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRTS
Order forms for the class of 2018 8th grade t-shirts can be found in the Jaguar News. All orders and payments are due to Ms. Crump in the main office no later than Friday, May 4th.
AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Congratulations to the following students for having their artwork juried and accepted into the SIU School of Medicine Art Show: 8th graders Caimin J. & Destiny B. and 7th graders Willie H. & Allyson B.
These students will be honored at a ceremony on May 4th. Their artwork will be displayed at the SIU School of Medicine building for the next few weeks. Great job, students!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - No practice today. Track practice tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM.
• JMS Cheerleaders - Cheer Clinics today & tomorrow from 4:30-6PM in the JMS gym. Cheer tryouts for any rising 6th-8th grade JMS student will be held on Friday at 4:30PM in the JMS gym. Proper attire for clinics and tryouts = comfortable, length appropriate shorts, t-shirt, and a hair bow.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ….
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!