Tuesday, September 11, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 4: 9/10-9/14/18 Social Awareness
I will consider the perspective of others.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Birthdays Today
Main Entrée: Mini Cheese Ravioli in Meat Sauce with Garlic Bread OR Hot Ham & Cheese Panini
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Waffles
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
PRIDE CARD WINNERS
Congratulations to our winners! The following Advisory teacher pulled a PRIDE card winner who received a coupon for one FREE item from Snack Attack. Great job everyone — keep showing that Jaguar PRIDE.
- Mrs. Beebe
- Mr. White
- Ms. French
- Mr. Cruthis
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes for showing respectful behavior with a guest teacher!
- Ms. Swaggerty's Adv. & 3rd period classes on 09/04/18.
- Mrs. Dean's 1st period class on 09/07/18.
- Mrs. Harris' 5th period class on 09/05/18.
- Mr. Hemstock's 4th period class on 09/05/18.
Clubs & Other School Activities
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Congratulations to our 8th grade class for winning the 90% AUP challenge!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - XC meet today in Jacksonville at 4:15PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 3PM.
• 6th Grade GBB - Practice today from 6-7PM.
• 7th Grade GBB - Practice today from 2:30-4PM. See Coach Gephart for your schedule.
• 8th Grade GBB - Practice today from 4-5:30PM.
• Cheerleaders - Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB - Tryouts tomorrow [Wednesday, Sept. 12th] from 4-5:30PM. Please wear appropriate attire for tryouts.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!