Monday, October 1, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 7: 10/01-10/05/18 Relationship Skills
I will actively listen to peers and adults.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Birthdays Today
Main Entrée: Popcorn Chicken with Cornbread OR Homemade Salisbury Steak with Cornbread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Muffins
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
Clubs & Other School Activities
IMSA will NOT meet today. Today's meeting has been cancelled.
21st Century After-School Program
Applications for the 21st Century After-School Program can be found in the Jaguar News in the main lobby. This program will begin in early October.
Brain Boosters will begin soon. Talk to your Guidance Dean for more information on joining this after-school program.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Congratulations to our 8th grade class for winning the 90% AUP challenge!
Boxtops for Education
It's that time of year. Bring in your Box Tops during the rest of September & during the month of October for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before October 31st. Two lucky students will be drawn.
Today we kick-off our 2018 fall fundraiser!
- WHO: JMS Staff & Students
- WHAT: 2018 JMS Fall Fundraiser
- WHEN: October 1st through October 31st with delivery before Thanksgiving
- WHY: To purchase resources for JMS
- WHERE: School, Home, Church, Community, Parent's Job, etc.
There will be a contest between the Advisory classes. The class that sells the most (winning class to be determined based on the number of students that sell, not whole class) Prize will be given to that teacher and those students
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Cross Country - City meet today at Lincoln Park at 3:30PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 6th Grade GBB -
• 7th Grade GBB - HOME games tonight against Decatur Hope Academy at 6PM. You must go home after school and return at 5:15PM.
• 8th Grade GBB - HOME games tonight against Decatur Hope Academy at 6PM. You must go home after school and return at 5:15PM.
• Cheerleaders -
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB - Practice today from 4-5PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!