Monday, October 29, 2018
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 11: 10/29-11/02/18 Self-Management:
I can identify ways to self-motivate to achieve my goals.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Popcorn Chicken with a Muffin OR Cheeseburger Macaroni & Cheese with a Muffin
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Homemade Fruit Muffins
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! Boys go directly outside via the boiler room doors. Girls go directly to the cafeteria.
Clubs & Other School Activities
8th Grade WEB Leaders
You will be having an activity after school today in room 204 from 2:35-4:30PM. There will be activity buses.
United Way Fundraising Campaign
From October 17th through November 2nd, JMS will be participating in the annual United Way Fundraising Campaign. Here are some of the planned activities:
- Theme Basket Raffle - 50¢ per ticket or 3 for $1. These baskets will be put together by teachers for you to win!
- Themed Dress - $1 to dress according to the theme. 10/24 is college/sport team shirt day; 10/31 is hat/cap or Halloween shirt [NO COSTUMES, MASKS, or MAKE-UP]; 11/2 is a dress down day.
- Guess How Many - 50¢ a guess or 3 for $1. Guess how many pieces of candy are in the jar and the closest guess takes it home.
- Pie in the Face! - Add money to the jar of the staff member you most want to see get a pie in the face!
- Assembly for Pie in the Face & Staff vs Students Sports - Pay $1 on November 2nd to attend this fun assembly. See staff show off their athletic skills against your fellow students. Find out who will get a face full of pie1
Help JMS raise awaremess, funds, and have fun!
Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull!
Congratulations to the winners! Winners names/prizes are posted outside of the cafeteria.
Brain Boosters will begin soon. Talk to your Guidance Dean for more information on joining this after-school program.
Acceptable Use Policy
Each student must have a signed AUP on file before that student may use tech devices in the building. Get those AUPs signed and turned in as soon as possible. As in the past, no student will be denied the opportunity to participate in District mandated activities or assessments that require the use of technology.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month of October. Come to school every day and stay all day!
Boxtops for Education
Bring in your Box Tops during the month of October for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the day Wednesday. Two lucky students will be drawn.
All orders and payments must be turned in no later than Wednesday.
Student of the Month Breakfast
The October SOM breakfast will be held tomorrow morning at 7:30AM in the JMS Library. Those Students of the Month attending the breakfast may come to school out of uniform. You will receive an out of uniform sticker at the breakfast.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• 6th Grade GBB -
• 7th Grade GBB - Practice after school today from 2:30-4PM.
• 8th Grade GBB - Practice today from 4-5:30PM.
• Cheerleaders -
• 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Volleyball - If you would like to tryout for volleyball team, see Ms. Toni in the Discipline Office, room 110. This is ONLY for 7th & 8th grade girls.
• 6th Grade BBB - NO practice today.
• 7th Grade BBB - AWAY games at Glenwood MS Round Robin at 6:45PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 4:30PM.
• 8th Grade BBB - AWAY games at Glenwood MS Round Robin at 5:30PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 4:30PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!