Friday, March 8, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Cold weather is upon us. Please be sure you are wearing your coat, hat, gloves, & scarf. Don't leave anything on the bus. Car riders are reminded that you will not be allowed inside the building until 7:40AM. Dress warmly!
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 28: 03/04-03/08/19 Self Awareness Skills:
How can we agree or disagree respectfully in discussions?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Madison M. — Andres M.-M. — Kanyjah H.-P. — Kade S.!
Main Entrée: Toasted Cheese Sandwich OR Fish Sticks on a Bun
Monday's Breakfast: Bagel with Cream Cheese or Jelly
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
FORTNITE BOOK CHALLENGE
Don't forget to keep reading books for the JMS Fortnite Book Challenge — read those books and fill out your Battle Pass!
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
21st Century after-school program is cancelled until further notice.
Brain Boosters will meet after school in the library from 2:30-4PM Tuesdays and Thursdays.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball - Practice today from 3:45-5PM. Go home after school & return at practice time. Games tomorrow at WMS against FMS. B team at 9:30AM & A team at 10:15AM.
• Track - Practice today after school from 2:30-4PM.
• Springfield High School Cheerleading - Packets with full information are in the Jaguar News. Tryout meeting is March 12th at 6PM in the SHS Commons. Clinic nights are March 25th-27th from 5-7PM. Tryouts will be on March 28th at 5PM.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!