Tuesday, April 23, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 34: 04/23-04/26/19 Social Awareness Skills:
How does showing respect affect others?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Birthdays Today
Main Entrée: Cheese Lasagna with Garlic Bread OR Italian Grilled Chicken on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Eggo Pancakes
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
LINCOLN LAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
LLCC will be providing a full scholarship to one 8th grade student from JMS. If you would like to qualify for this scholarship,the guidance office is asking that you write an essay describing:
"WHY I SHOULD RECEIVE THE LLCC SCHOLARSHIP"
Here are some examples of questions you could answer in your essay.
- Briefly describe your long and short-term goals.
- Discuss why you want to get a college education.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your future goals.
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
This essay must be turned in to Mrs. Staab by Thursday.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Staab.
JMS SPRING ACADEMIC FAMILY CARNIVAL NIGHT
Join us for the JMS Spring Academic Night: A Family Carnival on Thursday, May 2nd from 5:30-7PM. This will be a fun-filled night of games, food, & prizes! All families are welcome. Pleaser return your reservation as soon as possible.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4PM.
Scholastic Bowl will have practice today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 123.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• JMS Cheerleading Tryouts
- Mandatory Parent Meeting - Friday with incoming 6th grade parents at 5PM & rising 7th and 8th grade parents at 6PM in the library
- Cheer Clinic Days - Monday & Tuesday of next week from 4:30-6PM in the gym
- Tryouts - Friday, May 3rd with incoming 6th grade students from 4:30-5:30PM & rising 7th and 8th grade students from 5:30-6:30PM
- Open to all rising 6th through 7th & 8th grade students
- Attire for Cheer Clinics & Tryouts - comfortable length-appropriate shorts, t-shirt, and a hair bow
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!