Tuesday, May 7, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 36: 05/06-05/10/19 Social Awareness Skills:
How can we show that we can be okay when others are not okay?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes. School is still in session ... come ready to learn!
- Slime should not be brought to school.
- Any punching "games" will not be tolerated at JMS. Consequences could result in inhouse placement or out of school suspension. At JMS, we keep our hands & feet to ourselves.
- Students should NOT be wearing earbuds under their shirts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Brayden M. & Germel B.!
Main Entrée: Cheese Tortellini with Meat Sauce & Garlic Bread OR Chicken Nuggets with Garlic Bread
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Eggo Waffles
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
Order forms for the 2019 8th grade t-shirt are available in the Jaguar News. T-shirts cost $10 each — extended sizes are more. Orders and payment are due by the end of the day tomorrow.
PRIDE CARD PULL
Congratulations to ALL advisory clases! One lucky student from each class will win a coupon from Subway for one FREE 6-inch sub sandwich. Students need to hold onto the coupon to receice their free sandwich.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school.
Yearbooks are in and can be picked up in room 211 before school and on your way to lunch if you pre-ordered one or received one as a gift in your Out of the Blue basket. Books can only be picked up from Ms. Sponsler. There are a limited number of books available for purchase on a first come first served basis. The cost for these books is $20.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Jacksonville Invite today at Jacksonville High School at 4:15PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM. Track athletes will be dismissed at 2;25PM by an announcement.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!