Friday, May 17, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 37: 05/13-05/17/19 Social Awareness Skills:
What are ways we can show others that we care about their learning?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes. School is still in session ... come ready to learn!
- Slime should not be brought to school.
- Any punching "games" will not be tolerated at JMS. Consequences could result in inhouse placement or out of school suspension. At JMS, we keep our hands & feet to ourselves.
- Students should NOT be wearing earbuds under their shirts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Kaliyah L. — Emilia L. — Adriana T. — Natasha B.!
Main Entrée: Hamburger Horseshoe OR Fish Sticks on a Bun
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
A 2nd round of orders will be submitted when we receive 10 or more additional orders and payment. See Mrs. Staab or Mrs. Pyle if you have questions.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
There are less than 20 yearbooks left for purchase! Get them while they last for $20 each. Come to room 211. Once they are gone, they are gone.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Congratulations to Devonta B. on qualifying for State competition in the 8th grade high jump. Goog luck competing this weekend!
All track athletes must turn in their full uniform and warm-ups to either Coach Bates, Coach White, or room 110 by the end of the day today. Beginning Monday, if uniforms are not turned in, students will serve daily detentions until it is turned in.
• Summer Camps - Check the Jaguar News for more information on summer athletic camps offered by the three city high school.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!