Tuesday, May 21, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • MOVING UP CEREMONY TONIGHT AT 6PM AT SSHS AUDITORIUM • FINAL EXAMS BEGIN TOMORROW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 38: 05/20-05/24/19 Social Awareness Skills:
How do my feelings impact my behavior?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
Please start to take home all unneeded items like extra coats, jackets, and clothing.
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes. School is still in session ... come ready to learn!
- Slime should not be brought to school.
- Any punching "games" will not be tolerated at JMS. Consequences could result in inhouse placement or out of school suspension. At JMS, we keep our hands & feet to ourselves.
- Students should NOT be wearing earbuds under their shirts.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
No Birthdays Today
Main Entrée: Jumbo Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce & Garlic Bread OR Buffalo Chicken on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Eggo Pancakes
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
8TH GRADE T-SHIRT ORDERS
A 2nd round of orders will be submitted if we receive 10 or more additional orders and payment. See Mrs. Staab or Mrs. Pyle if you have questions.
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes for showing excellent behavior with a guest teacher.
- Mr. Hamilton's 5th & 6th periods on 5/01
- Mrs. Beebe's 5th period on 5/13
- Mr. Cruthis' 3rd period on 5/10
- Ms. French's 2nd period on 4/12
- Ms. Prather's 4th & 6th periods on 4/11
- Mr. Rigoni's 2nd & 4th periods on 4/12
- Ms. Chavours' 7th period on 5/10
- Special shout out to Ms. Harrison's 1st period from Mrs. Pyle
LIBRARY BOOKS DUE
All library books are now due! If you have a library book, please bring it to the library at any tie during the school day with permission. You may also give it to your literature or writing teacher.
Look for books during the upcoming locker clean out. If you find a library book in your locker, be sure to put it on the book cart provided or give it to a teacher.
Fines will be issued if library books are not returned!
PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to ALL advisory classes! One lucky student from each advisory class has won a coupon for one free food item from Burger King. Students need to hold on to the coupon and take it to Burger King to receive the free food item.
The Moving Up ceremony for all eligible 8th grade students will be held tonight at 6PM in the Southeast High School auditorium.
Honors' Night for 6th &n 7th grade students will be held Thursday evening at 6PM in the JMS gym.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
There are less than 20 yearbooks left for purchase! Get them while they last for $20 each. Come to room 211. Once they are gone, they are gone.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - Devonta B. competed in the IESA State Track and Field Meet in High Jump over the weekend. After a long rain delay the high jump event was moved inside. Devonte jumped a height of 5'4'' and tied for 11th overall in the State. Congratulations to Devonte on a very successful season.
Track athletes who have not turned in their full uniform and warm-ups will be issued daily detentions until it is all turned in.
• Summer Camps - Check the Jaguar News for more information on summer athletic camps offered by the three city high school.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!