Friday, August 23, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 1: 08/19-08/2319 Self-Awareness Skills:
I will identify my emotions and understand how these emotions affect my learning.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Lucas T. — Philip L. — Kennedy C.!
Main Entrée: Hamburger Horseshoe OR Hot Turkey, Bacon & Cheese on a Bun
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
JMS TV STUDIO
If you are interested in joining the TV studio crew, pick up an application from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, fill it out completely, and return it to Mrs. K. Gephart in room 116. All applications are due no later than Monday, September 9th.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice today from 2:40-4PM. There will be activity busses.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Open gyms scheduled for next week have been cancelled.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Tryouts Monday from 2:40-4PM in the gym. Practice Tuesday & Thursday from 2:40-4PM. Activity busses will be available.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!