Monday, August 26, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 2: 08/26-08/30/19 Self-Awareness Skills:
I can identify obstacles in achieving both my social & academic goals.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Galaxy Cheese Pizza OR Meatloaf
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuit with Gravy
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
JMS TV STUDIO
If you are interested in joining the TV studio crew, pick up an application from the Jaguar News in the main lobby, fill it out completely, and return it to Mrs. K. Gephart in room 116. All applications are due no later than Monday, September 9th.
AVID T-SHIRT ORDERS
AVID t-shirt orders are due by Friday, August 30th. You can pick up an order form in the Jaguar News and return it to the main office by Friday, August 30th.
Are you interested in math & science? Then IMSA is the club for you! This year our curriculum is called “Medieval STEM.” We will explore the science, math & technology that was developed & used by civilization during medieval times. Pick up an application & information in the Jaguar news & return it by Friday, September 5th. If you have any questions please see Ms. Moore in room 206 or Mrs. Horstman in room 113.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice today from 2:40-4PM. There will be activity busses.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Optional open gym scheduled for Wednesday from 3-4PM. Students must go home & return at practice time. No activity busses!
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Tryouts today from 2:40-4PM in the gym. Practice Tuesday & Thursday from 2:40-4PM. Activity busses will be available.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!