Wednesday, January 12, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day. We will be inside for lunch recess.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Latrell S. & Demetrius C.!
Main Entree: Macaroni & Cheese; Tator Tots; Carrots
A la Carte:
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
• Volleyball ~ No VB practice tonight. Tomorrow's game is at Glenwood. 7th & 8th graders should go immediately to Coach Nicholas' room after school with all of their belongings.
• 7th & 8th grade students should not be passing through the 6th grade hallway. If you have a class in the 1st floor gym area, you must use the west stairs — NOT the stairs by the library.
• Every student must have a pass when coming to any of the offices. The only exception is for Check-In/Check-Out students. If you are needing to go to the office for the nurse, to speak with your Guidance counselor or administrator, or anyone else, you must have a pass!
SHS CHEER CLINIC
The SHS Cheerleaders will be holding their annual Youth Cheerleading Clinic on Saturday, February 5th from 9AM-12PM in the SHS annex and new gym. Registration begins at 8:30AM. The cost is $25 per participant. All registration paperwork and money is due by Saturday, January 29th. Previous years' cheerleading uniforms will be available for purchase for $20 per garment. All Pre-K through 8th grade future SHS Cheerleaders are welcome! If you have any questions, contact Head Coach Nora Povse at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 525-3100, ext. 160.
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES
If you have an after-school detention or activity, you should go directly to the detention or activity when the 2:30 PM bell rings. You are NOT allowed to come downstairs to talk to your friends in the hall or outside at the bus stop and then go back upstairs for your detention or activity. Once you leave the building, you are not allowed to come back in to serve a detention or participate in the activity. If you miss your bus, you will be allowed back inside to call for a ride.
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Bring in 10 Box Tops for Education to the school store — room 113 — and you will receive a FREE mechanical pencil!
• not be carried around
• not be tied around your waist
• not be just covering your arms!
BUDDY ROOMS & EXTRACURRICULARS
If you are sent to a buddy room on a day that we have a home game, you are NOT allowed to attend the game. This includes players. If you have issues at a home game, you can be banned from any extracurricular activities including dances, skating, end of the year field trips, and more.
2010-2011 OPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield announces the 2011 Optimist Oratory Contest which will be held on Saturday, March 5th. The topic is "If I were leader of the free world, the first issue I would address would be ..."
More information can be obtained by contacting the Luncheon Optimist Club of Springfield at (217) 546-4443.
21ST CENTURY PROGRAM
The 21st Century after-school program has begun! The program runs Monday through Thursday from 2:30-5:30PM on full school days only. Applications may be picked up in the Guidance Office. If you have any questions, please speak with Mr. Kevin Reed at 525-3176.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!