Wednesday, April 6, 2011
• Attendance of 91%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Today is an A day. We will be outside at lunch as long as the weather cooperates.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Stephanie H. & Derrick C.!
Main Entree: Grilled Chicken Sandwich; Ranch Mashed Potatoes; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Blueberry & peach parfaits will be sold at the registers for $1.00 each.
NO show choir today.
Contest participants and band students can stay on Thursday from 2:30-4PM. If you would like a DVD copy of the All-City performance, the cost is $2. See Ms. Harrison.
IMSA will meet after school today. Please get your field trip forms in to Ms. Wright ASAP.
QUARTERS FOR QUAKES: JAPAN DISASTER RELIEF
IMSA collected money from 3rd block teachers on Friday. Several classes are neck & neck! Inching ahead is Ms. Holt's class. Get your money turned in this week for a pizza party and a chance to pie a teacher.
• Track ~ The behavior last night at the track meet was exceptional! Track practice after school today is for everyone. If you are ineligible, show up for attendance and then we'll make sure everyone gets to tutoring or into classrooms with teachers.
• Spring Golf Clinic ~ JMS & CCPA along with the Springfield Park District, are sponsoring a spring golf clinic. The clinic is designed to provide all middle school students the opportunity to meet other students interested in gold, address all individual levels of skill, and promote opportunities for additional clinics during the spring and summer.
WHEN: April 11th through April 14th
COST: It's FREE!
There will be activity buses available for students.
• Southeast Poms ~ Attention all 8th graders interested in trying out for the Southeast Poms: There will be a mandatory parents meeting on April 12th at 6PM at Southeast in room 223. There are flyers posted in the main office for more information. Tryout packets will be available at the meeting.
• LHS Cheerleading ~ Do you want to be a Lanphier cheerleader? There are mandatory clinic days on the following dates:
May 4 from 5:30-7:30PM
May 5 from 5:30-7:30PM
Tryouts will be held on May 6 at 5PM in the Lober/Nika gym at LHS. You must be dressed and ready to go at 4:45PM.
For more information, contact Coach Rachel Gasperin at LHS.
• SHS Cheerleading ~ There is a mandatory cheerleading tryout meeting on April 25th at 6:30PM in the SHS commons. This is an informational meeting for parents/guardians that provides all the details of the 2011-2012 schedule and contract's financial, behavioral, academic and tryout obligations and expectations.
Meeting: Monday, April 25th
Address: SHS Commons, 101 S. Lewis St.
• JFL 2011 Registration ~ Junior Football League of Springfield will hold registration for Kindergarten through 8th grade students from 11AM-4PM at the following locations:
April 16 & 23 ~ May 7 & 28 - Godfather's, 1549 S. Dirksen Parkway; Incredible Pizza Company, 2744 S. 6th St.; & White Oaks Mall
There are only a few yearbooks left. Yearbooks are on sale for $25.00. Order yours today!
JMS is collecting yellow 5¢ Pepsi caps now through April 30, 2011. Purchase any Pepsi product with a YELLOW 5¢ cap. Save the cap & bring it to JMS. There is a collection bucket in the main office. You may also give the caps to Mrs. J-C Nosa in room 115. Jefferson will receive 5¢ for each yellow cap turned in.
STUDENT VIDEO CONTEST
Make a movie and win some cash! The Student Film Club from Springfield Public Schools is sponsoring their 3rd annual student video contest open to all middle school and high school students. Videos may be created in any genre & style bus MUST contain all of the following elements in some fashion:
Window, Smile, Cheese
The deadline to enter is May 2nd at 4:30PM.
There will be an in-class reward during 4th block on Friday, April 8th. Any student who has:
• 91% or better attendance
• no suspensions (including out-of-school & bus)
• passing grades for all classes
will receive a reward on Friday!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!