Friday, November 9, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
NO SCHOOL MONDAY ~ VETERAN'S DAY
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
Brady G., Brett V., Alexandria G., Charity W., & Alice T.!
Main Entree: Grilled Cheese; Chicken Patties; Mini Corn Dogs; Tator Tots
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tuesday's Breakfast: Bagels & Cream Cheese
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers will begin collecting canned goods today. 1st hour teachers will keep track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Reading Night ~ Reading NIght will be November 20th from 5:30-7PM. Reading NIght flyers were passed out in all students' Language Arts classes. Please return the flyers ASAP so we can get an accurate count of how many people will be attending.
• Prevent Bullying ~ Join the cause to prevent bullying by attending a meeting on Monday, November 19th from 6-7PM at the Boys & Girls Club. There will be a concert after the meeting.
• United Way ~ Next week JMS will start the United Way fundraiser. Last year we raised $2500! Please help us meet our goal of $3000 this year. First hour classes will collect money to donate to this organization. The 1st hour that raises the highest percentage of money will earn a pizza party! Each day we will collect a different amount of money. Tuesday we will be collecting Pennies for Poverty. So dig through your couch cushions this weekend and bring in your change!
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Congratulations to the 8th grade girls on their win over Springfield Christian yesterday!
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at CCPA
• 6th Grade Basketball ~ 6th grade boys have games on Saturday at FMS starting at 8AM. 6th grade girls have games on Saturday at WMS starting at 9:30AM.
• Girls' Volleyball ~ There will be a girls' volleyball open gym on Thursday, November 15th from 3:30-5:30PM. You will need to provide your own ride to and from open gym. There is NO activity bus.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!