Tuesday, November 20, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Reading Night is tonight from 5:30-7PM!
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
Jennifer H., Bryanna H., Erin J., Breanna D., Damian M., Brian K., Britani K., & Dalton B.!
Main Entree: Baked Potatoes with Taco Meat; Chicken Nuggets; Cheeseburgers; Beef Fingers with Breadsticks; Steamed Broccoli
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick; Bagels & Cream Cheese; Breakfast Bagels; Breakfast Casserole
Please be sure to check the Lost & Found table in the hall today. All items left on the table after school today will be donated to Goodwill.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• WEB Leaders ~ Attention all 8th grade WEB leaders: If you are coming to help out at Reading Night, please meet Ms. Swaggerty in the lobby around 5:15PM this evening. Please remember to wear your WEB t-shirt!
• Rebecca Caudill Winners ~ The November Rebecca Caudill Reading Award drawing award winners are:
1st - Jade K. who read Bounce & wins $10 and a book.
2nd - Skylar P. who read Dark Life & wins $5 and a book.
3rd - Breanna G. who read Anything But Typical & wins $1, a bookmark and a book.
4th - Katlin R. who read Inside Out and Back Again & wins school supplies and a book.
5th - Hannah M. who read Smile & wins school supplies and a book.
Please come to the library to pick up your prizes. Thank you to all the readers, especially Rebecca Caudill readers. With the holidays, do not forget to read a good Rebecca Caudill book.
• Principal's Advisory Council ~ If you are interested in being a member of the Principal's Advisory Council, please pick up an application in room 109. Four students from each grade level will be selected to represent their peers. Regular meetings will be held after school and you will be expected to attend every meeting.
The deadline for submitting applications is November 30th. Selections will be announced by December 10th. The first meeting will be held on December 11th.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers are keeping track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Reading Night ~ Reading NIght will be tonight from 5:30-7PM.
• United Way ~ Thank you to everyone who so graciously gave to the United Way Campaign!!! With everyone's contributions we were able to raise $1,234!!! Way to go JMS!
Teachers ~ today is the last possible day for you to turn in your pledge forms. Ms. Joost is turning the paperwork in this afternoon. Please get your forms to her as soon as possible.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!