Friday, April 23, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS — NO JELLY/PLASTIC BRACELETS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Abby B., Terrion T. & Kahlil T.!
No school Monday ~ Teachers' Inservice Day
TODAY IN HISTORY
This is the official day to celebrate both the birth and the death of the great English dramatist and poet William Shakespeare. Happy birthday, Will!
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; Baked Beans; Teriyaki Beef with Rice
Chips & Salsa at A la Carte Lines.
Tuesday's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
• No water bottles in classrooms.
• Students must wear uniform pants appropriately. No sagging and no rolled up pant legs!
• Capri pants and shorts may not be worn until the first school day of May.
• LHS Cheerleading Tryouts ~ If you are interested in trying out for cheerleading at Lanphier High School, pre-tryout cheer clinics are scheduled for Thursday and Friday, May 6th & 7th, from 5:30-7:30PM at LHS in the main gym. Tryouts will be held Saturday, May 8th at 8:30AM at LHS gym. For more information, please contact Danielle Outlaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 622-4055.
• JFL 2010 Football Sign-Up ~ Registration April 24th at Kicks on 6th Street from 11:30AM - 4PM. There is an $85 registration fee. For more information, please contact JFL Hotline at (217) 416-8533, P.O. Box 3116, or visit their website at:
• Springfield Youth Football League ~ Registration for tackle football for kindergarten through 8th grade will take place:
~ Saturday, May 15th from 9AM-1PM at Bank of Springfield Building - 9th & Madison
You must pay the $85 registration fee at time of registration. Checks should be made payable to SYF. Also, bring a copy of the player's birth certificate that the league can keep. Returning players do not have to do this. Please have the player with you for sizing! For more information, contact by email at
email@example.com or check the website at http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
8th grade students ~ Lincoln Land Community College is awarding one Jefferson 8th grade student a tuition waiver for six credit hours. Any JMS student who is interested in applying for the scholarship, must have a parent or guardian come to the Guidance Office to obtain an application. The completed application must be returned to the Guidance Office by April 28th.
SHIRTS ON FRIDAYS
Every Friday until the end of the school year, 8th grade students may wear their 8th grade t-shirts. All other students may wear their JMS jaguar spirit shirts. The shirts cannot be altered in any way — no cutting and tying, no removal of sleeves, no writing added. You will still be expected to wear uniform pants. If you wish to purchase a spirit shirt, see Ms. Stewart in room 202.
Yearbooks are currently on sale for $20. Please order yours today to lock in this introductory price! If you have questions or need more information, please see Ms. J-C in room 115.
Astronomy Day is April 24th! The Sangamon Astronomical Society invites the public to view the sky through their telescopes. Come see the moon, Saturn, Mars, star clusters, double stars, how a telescope works, and the scale of the solar system.
Where: Centennial Park
When: April 24th at 7PM [weather permitting]
Bring the entire family along with your questions! If it is raining or the sky is overcast, the event will be rescheduled. Check the website at http://www.sas-sky.org
Questions? Contact Bruce Patterson at 494-2655.
When: Saturday, April 24th
Where: Southeast High School
Who: Dad, Grandmother, teacher .... anyone involved in the education of children
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property