Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1938, the first nylon bristle toothbrush was made in Arlington, New Jersey. It was the first time that nylon yarn was used commercially.
6th & 8th grade girls will eat 1st this week. 6th & 8th grade boys will go to the gym 1st this week.
Main Entree: Macaroni & Cheese; French Fries; Green Beans
A la Carte: A la Carte will be open in the back of the cafeteria with egg rolls. Please remember cafeteria rules and behavior.
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
• 7th & 8th grade volleyball ~ Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade volleyball teams last night — both teams beat Decatur Jefferson!
7th Grade Stats:
Abby B. with 9 aces
Charlicia W. with 6 aces
Yasmeen W. with 2 aces
8th Grade Stats:
Cassidy B. with 15 assists
Kayla G. with 9 kills
Ally N. with 5 kills
Kalyn M. with 1 kill
Coach Nicholas is extremely proud of all of you ~ Excellent job, ladies!
• 6th/7th/8th grade boys & girls basketball ~ All 6th, 7th & 8th grade boys & girls basketball have sport's pictures tomorrow. 6th graders ~ please bring your basketball t-shirt for the picture. 7th & 8th graders ~ please bring your uniforms. If you need a picture form, please see Mrs. McCorkle or Mrs. Wash.
• Cheerleaders ~ Please see Ms. Joost in room 123 for picture info! Bring a white shirt to wear under your uniform and shoes tomorrow for pictures.
• JFL 2010 Football Sign-Up ~ Registration February 20th, March 20th, and April 24th at Kicks on 6th Street from 11:30AM - 4PM. There is an $85 registration fee. For more information, please contact JFL Hotline at (217) 416-8533, P.O. Box 3116, or visit their website at:
YEARBOOK HAPPY ADS
Happy ads are on sale now until March 2nd. See Ms. J-C for details!
FANNIE MAY CANDY FUND RAISER
Be sure to turn in your orders and money as soon as possible.
PENNIES FOR PASTA
Our Pennies for Pasta campaign is going strong. For every 50¢ you donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, you will receive a ticket for a chance to put a pie in Mrs. Borders' face! Each 1st hour teacher has a donation box and will hand out the tickets. Tickets will be put in a jar in the cafeteria. The class with the most money collected wins lunch from Olive Garden!
AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE BOWL FINALS
The final round of the African-American Heritage Bowl will be held Friday. The Heritage Bowl contest will be in the gym. Only the teams in the final round will attend. Jerry Lambert from News Channel 20 will be our moderator. Good luck to the following classes:
Ms. Wells' blue vs Ms. Wells' red
Mr. Hemstock's 4th block vs Mr. Hamilton's 3rd block
ISATs ARE COMING!
The ISATs are scheduled for March 2nd through March 12th. During ISATs, we'll have prizes for perfect attendance. We want you to do your best on the tests! Please ask your parents to schedule doctor appointments at times that will not interfere with your tests. There will be a dance on Friday, March 12th for students who have had perfect attendance during the testing time. The dance will be free and prizes will be given away during that time.
EXPANDING YOUR HORIZONS
What: A hands-on career conference for 6th, 7th, & 8th grade girls.
When: Saturday, March 20th from 8AM to 12:45PM
For more information, contact Jean Coontz at (217) 787-8078.
Students ~ Cell phones, iPods, MP3 players, and any other electronic device should be turned off and out of sight during the school day. If ANY staff member sees a student with an electronic device of ANY kind, it will be taken away from that student. The device will then be taken to the office. The student's name will be attached to the device and then it will be put in the safe. A parent will have to come to school to pick up the device.
SNACK ATTACK STORE
The Snack Attack Store is in the main lobby for after school before you board the buses. Each snack costs $1.
Last year's yearbooks are available for the low price of $10! See Ms. J-C in room 115.
Order this year's yearbook today! They are on sale for $20. If you have any questions, see Ms. J-C in room 115.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property