Thursday, May 7, 2009
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
STUDENTS: You are not allowed in the building until the 7:50AM bell rings unless you are coming in for breakfast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Cassidy B. & Christina M.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1966, the first hit by a coed musical group hit the top of the charts. The Mamas and the Papas were the first musical quartet to include two men and two women. Previously, almost all groups that had hit songs were single-sex groups. Their chart-topping song was "Monday, Monday."
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; French Fries; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
6th graders are not to leave the cafeteria until the clock above the A - K sign reads 12:10PM. If behavior does not improve, we will start dismissing students by tables.
You must eat or drink all food before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH LUNCH
The Student of the Month Lunch will be held tomorrow during your regular lunch shift.
• Spfld Tennis Academy ~ The program is open to youths between the ages of 7 & 18 years old. Students will learn the fundamentals of playing tennis. Tennis racquets & balls are provided. Lessons begin June 2nd and end on August 6th on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7:30PM at Southeast High School. The cost is $25 per student. Enrollment will be held on June 2nd at Southeast High School tennis courts.
• 2009 Lady Lions Volleyball Camp ~ This skills camp is open to anyone who will be in grades 1-6 in the fall of 2009. The camp will be held June 15th - 17th from 10AM-Noon at Lanphier High School. Registration must be returned by May 15th. Forms are available in the JMS main office.
• U of I Summer Sports Camps ~ Please see Mrs. Borders for information regarding summer sports camps at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana.
SOUTHEAST POM PON TRYOUTS
Attention all 8th graders interested in trying out for the Southeast poms: There will be a mandatory parent meeting on May 12th at 6PM at Southeast in room 223. Tryouts will be held Saturday, May 30th from 9AM-4PM in the SSHS gym. For more information, email email@example.com.
SOUTHEAST SENSATIONS AUDITIONS
Southeast High School will be holding auditions for the 2009-2010 "Sensations" Show Choir on Wednesday, May 20th from 3:30-6PM. Pick up an audition form from Mrs. Williams.
SOUTHEAST CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS
Clinic Workshop Dates: May 21 & 22
Tryout Date: May 23 from 9-Noon
Where: Southeast High School Gym
For more information, call 525-3130.
Attendance is important for success!
JEANS day for students ~ Blue jeans, blue jeans capris, and blue jeans shorts may be worn on Friday! No cargos, no holes, no shreds, no tears, no patches, no skirts may be worn! The regular dress code polo shirts are still to be worn.
In order for students to wear jeans, they must have met the following requirements:
• Students must have been present all day, every block from May 4th through
• Students were on time — no tardies — to school and to all classes.
• Students received NO Buddy Room visits for the week.
If you have any questions, see Mrs. Gordy or Mrs. Lawrence in the Guidance Office.
7th graders interested in WEB, please fill out your WEB application and give it to Mrs. Lora or Ms. Swaggerty by Friday!
1ST DAY FUND FORMS
Students ~ Remember to return your yellow "1st Day Fund" forms to the main office.
Yearbooks are on sale for $25. There is a limited supply so hurry up and get yours while supplies last. You can bring payment to Ms. J-C or to the main office.
JMS GARAGE SALE
What: JMS Garage Sale
When: Saturday, May 30th
Where: JMS Gym
Tables will be available for a $25 rental fee. Any profit made at your table may be kept or donated to the school.
YMCA DAY CAMP
If you are interested in attending the YMCA Day Camp this summer, please go to the main office for more information.
DRESS CODE reminder ~ Shorts and capris may be worn now! However, no cargo capris or shorts. Shorts must come below your longest finger when you place it against your leg.
Skinny black jeans are not acceptable. No denim is allowed.
You may not wear long-sleeved shirts under your uniform polo. No jackets are to be worn in the classrooms. No string bags or purses should be carried into classrooms. Sagging pants will not be tolerated!
If you purchase an 8th grade t-shirt, you may wear it through the end of the school year on Friday's only. If you decorate your 8th grade t-shirt or have others sign your shirt, you will NOT be allowed to wear it.
In addition, sweatshirts may not be worn half-on, half-off. If you choose to wear a sweatshirt, you must have it on all the way.
Nose piercings are not allowed in District 186 schools. You may not wear a nose ring, a clear spacer, or a bar, or wear a band-aid to cover the piercing. If you refuse to remove the nose ring, you will be written up, sent to the office and sent home.
END OF THE YEAR TRIPS
Please remember ~ there are requirements for you to be eligible for the end of the year trips to Six Flags or Knight's Action Park.
1. GRADES: passing all classes for 4th quarter
2. ATTENDANCE: 90% attendance for the school year
3. BEHAVIOR: no suspensions during 4th quarter
Fun Day will be held Friday, May 15th. More information will be posted in the next few days!
Hallway sweeps will continue. Be sure to get to class on time and be in your seat before the tardy bell rings.
• Keep earning those PRIDE cards and turning them in so you will be eligible for the next Out of the Blue activity.
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property