Wedesday, February 6, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Black History Month began on February 1. Each day you will be given a multiple-choice question to answer. If you know or research the answer during the day, place the answer on a half sheet of paper with your first and last name along with your first hour teacher's name. Students who have the correct answer will receive a small prize in honor of their knowledge.
You must have your answer in the mailbox by the library door by 8AM the following morning before the question's answer is give on the announcements. If all the required information is not on the half sheet of paper, no prize will be awarded.
This man received the Navy Cross, for his extraordinary courage in battle shown at Pearl Harbor.
A. Doris Miller
B. Robert Marshall Glass
C. Captain Merryl David
The answer to yesterday's question:
When Rosa Parks was taken to jail because she refused to give up her seat on the bus, her actions caused the beginning of the Montgomery Bus Boycott where riders refused to ride the busses for over a year until the laws were changed allowing everyone freedom to sit where they wanted to sit on the bus. This movement also allowed Blacks to be able to apply for and obtain jobs driving the busses.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Chicken Patty Sandwiches; Mashed Potatoes & Gravy; Green Beans
A la Carte: Egg Rolls $1
Registration forms are due in the Guidance Office by February 8th. You must turn in your form in order to be registered for school next year. Also, AVID forms should be turned in as soon as possible.
• Cheerleaders should come by Mrs. Orama's room 103 and pick up a picture order form if you plan on buying a team picture.
• Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade volleyball teams as they compete against Franklin today at 3:30PM at Jefferson. All players must go home after school or they can come to room 206 to be with Coach Southard.
PRIDE CLUB NEWS
Fill the jar of the assistant principal you want to see in the trophy case on Valentine's Day during lunch — in their PJs! The PRIDE Club will be in the lobby all week during lunch shifts collecting money in the jars of your favorite assistant principal. The one that collects the most money will sit in the trophy case on Valentine's Day in their PJs through all 3 lunch shifts.
There will be J-Jazz practice today after school. There are only 3 rehearsals left before competition!
Full 6th grade band on Thursday during 6th hour!
FANNIE MAY FUNDRAISER
Be sure to show your parents the letter explaining everything. There will be prizes awarded to everyone who sells even one box of candy!
There will be an Out of the Blue activity today! Mrs. Rennison will be calling the lucky students to the library for S'Mores.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings!
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!