Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Tomorrow, we will dismiss at 1:30PM since it is the end of 1st quarter.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
ALERT!!!! Starting Monday, everyone should be wearing long pants to school. Capris will no longer be allowed to be worn until the spring.
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in!
No shorts may be worn at this time of the year. Mr. Zimmers will be on top of the weather report and will announce any exceptions.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ you must wear shoes in the classroom and in the halls!
Main Entree: Spaghetti & Garlic Bread; Cauliflower in Cheese Sauce
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
6th grade band: 1st hour ~ percussion; 2nd hour ~ flutes
• 6th grade boys' basketball tryouts have been changed to tomorrow immediately after school from 1:30-3PM. There will be an activity bus to take you home at 3PM if you do not have a ride.
• 8th grade boys ONLY will have tryouts tomorrow from 4-5:15PM. There will be an activity bus to take you home at 5:15PM if you do not have a ride.
• Congratulations to the 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball teams on their wins over Washington Middle School yesterday!
The Halloween dance will be held on November 2nd. You will be able to wear your costume to the dance. If you have had 3 or more "buddy room" visits or if you have been suspended during this month, you will not be able to attend the dance.
PTC CANDLE & PIE ORDERS
All orders for the PTC fund raiser selling candles and pies are due on Friday.
SOLDIERS' ANGELS PENNIES FOR HEROES
Jefferson is participating in the Soldiers' Angels Pennies for Heroes campaign. There will be a container on the snack cart. Please bring your change and help us out.
This is a reminder to ALL students that it is NOT okay to hit or kick others outside, in the hallways, or in the classrooms before, during, and after the lunch hours or school hours! Any behavior that threatens the safety and well-being of another student will not be tolerated at Jefferson. Games in which a group of students target individuals, such as "mosh pit," may be considered bullying or group intimidation and disciplined accordingly. We are counting on all students to show respect by keeping their hands and feet to themselves while outside and in the hallways, today and for the remainder of the school year.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
HOMEWORK & REPORT CARDS
Today is the deadline to turn in late work for half credit.
Thursday, October 25th, report cards will be distributed. Tell your parents that parent/teacher conferences are Thursday, October 25th, from 5-8PM and Friday, October 26th, from 8-2:30PM in the gym. No appointments are necessary. Students will not have school on October 26th.
The following students have had their PRIDE cards drawn and may pick up their prizes in the main office after school:
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!