Wednesday, February 10, 2016
• INSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK DUE TO THE WEATHER •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
It is important to get at least an hour of exercise in every day, and it doesn't have to be the same thing. Actually it's better for your body to do different activities! How about 15 minutes of walking the dog, a half-hour bike ride, 10 minutes of roller blading, and 5 minutes of jumping rope?
Main Entree: Popcorn Chicken; Cheese Stick; Heart Healthy Choice - Chef Salad with Turkey, Ham, Banana Peppers, & Low-Fat Cheese
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuits with Gravy
**February is Heart Smart month. We are going to have an additional healthy meal each day. It will be announced as Healthy Heart Smart!**
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
JMS Bingo Book Challenge
Do you like a challenge? The JMS BINGO Book Challenge continues today. During library class, you will receive your BINGO card and instructions for how to be a part of the challenge. Teachers and staff, stop by the library and get your BINGO card and sign your name to the commitment poster. Let's get geared up, JMS, to read over 700 books!
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
The JMS book club will meet every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 2:30-4PM in room 219. Snacks will be provided. After we finish the book, we will go on a field trip! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Walls-Butler in room 112.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing at the end of February so keep turning in those boxtops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
7/8th grade HOME games today against Blessed Sacrament. 1st game begins at 4:30PM.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!