Thursday, March 3, 2016
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • NO 21st CENTURY PROGRAM TODAY •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
WELLNESS WAKEUP CALL
Some foods just have one ingredient. For instance, an apple is just that — an apple. It gets more complicated when manufacturers have to combine ingredients to make something else. Some foods can have more than 50 ingredients!
Reading an ingredient listing can help you decide whether or not a food is good for you and if it's something you want to eat. How many ingredients are in your favorite foods?
Main Entree: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce & Garlic Bread; Popcorn Chicken with a Pretzel Rod
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
• No students may come to any of the offices during passing periods. You MUST have a pass from your teacher!
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Congratulations to the following students for having their artwork selected to be entered into the New Berlin Art Fair.
6th Grade - Natalya F. & Landon K.
7th Grade - Jessie H.
8th Grade - Amarieon T., Adrianna C., Isabella G., Angel W., & Michaella C.
The New Berlin Art Fair runs from March 5-7. Their artworks will be on display & will be judged for awards. Good luck JMS artists!
Science & History Night
Science & History Night is this evening from 5:30-7PM.
Come play Battleship, take your picture in the photo booth, make and shoot a paper rocket, and take part in the mini boot camp!
There will be raffle prizes and dinner will be served.
Yearbook! Get your yearbook here! Haven't ordered your 2015-16 JMS yearbook yet? There is still time! You can order yearbooks through February 29th for $20. See Ms. Sponsler in room 123, Mrs. Goss-Rodgers in room 103 or the Jaguar News for an order form. The price will increase to $25 after March 1st, so get those orders in!
It is Book Fair time again. If you want a good book to read for the JMS Book Challenge, come to the book fair and buy a book. There will be many books at bargain prices. We will be open tonight during Science and History Night so bring your parents to the book fair in the library.
The JMS Scholastic Bowl team will face St. Agnes and New Berlin in an AWAY competition today beginning at 3:45PM. Go to room 103 with all of your things immediately after school today.
NO show choir practice today!
Brain Boosters will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 2:30-4:15PM.
No meetings this week!
Rebecca Caudill Award Winners
The votes have been counted for the Rebecca Caudill Award and the winning books voted on by the students at JMS are:
1st Place: Counting by Sevens
2nd Place: See You at Harry's
3rd Place: Titanic, Voices from the Disaster
The state-wide vote is being counted now and the winning books will be announced in the middle of March.
Thanks to all who participated in reading five books!
Dress Down Day for No Tardies
The "dress down" day for students will be Wednesday, March 9th. This is for students who have had ZERO tardies this quarter. Lists will be available later this week.
Washington, D.C. Info
There is still time for you to sign up for the Washington, D.C. trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We have been doing a great job collecting BoxTops. Thank you to everyone who has turned them in, your names will stay in the raffle. There will be another drawing at the end of February so keep turning in those boxtops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Volleyball
6th grade volleyball:
Please bring your complete uniform to school on Tuesday for team pictures. you will have time to change when your team is called for pictures.
There is NO 6th grade volleyball practice today and NO games Saturday.
Track tryouts will occur on Tuesday, March 8 and Thursday March 10. Participants need to bring running clothes and shoes on the tryout dates. All participants need to have a sports physical on file with the school. Come to the gym immediately after school on Tuesday. There will be tryouts on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Practices will then run on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for the remainder of the season. Students need to carry a 2.0 GPA to be eligible for the team. Please direct any questions to Mr. Blunk in room 215.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!