Thursday, April 11, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 32: 04/08-04/12/19 Self Awareness Skills:
How can we listen to one another respectfully?
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Shawn J. — Anieja A.!
Main Entrée: BBQ Roasted Chicken with a Roll OR Chili with Breaded Ravioli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Poptarts
Girls go outside first. Boys go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms. The "sale" of Kool-Aid is NOT allowed.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! GIRLS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. BOYS go directly to the cafeteria.
FORTNITE BOOK CHALLENGE
Don't forget to keep reading books for the JMS Fortnite Book Challenge — read those books and fill out your Battle Pass!
Continue to check the Attendance Challenge board in the main lobby. Your grade could be the winner of a dress down day if your grade has the highest attendance percentage for the month. Come to school every day and stay all day!
BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
Bring in your Box Tops during the month for a chance to win a free dress down day. To be entered in the drawing, just bring any amount of unexpired Box Tops to your advisory teacher before the end of the month. Two lucky students will be drawn.
MUFFINS WITH MOM
Please join us for our annual Muffins with Mom on Friday, April 12th at 7:30AM in the JMS Gym. Activities will include a "Don't Be Salty" ritual and constructing and discussing footprints.
Spring pictures will be taken next week on Wednesday morning. Only students who have either ordered online or who have money with them on picture day will be allowed to go to the gym for pictures. Those students will be allowed to change for their pictures but then will have to change back into their school uniform after the pictures are taken.
PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to the following advisory classes!
- Ms. Thomas
- Ms. Sponsler
- Ms. Grace
- Ms. Prather
- Ms. Hulvey
- Ms. Harrison
One lucky student from each of these classes has won a FREE admission pass to Skateland! Students need to hold on to the certificate and take it to Skateland to receive free admission. Congratulations!
GUEST TEACHER KUDOS
Congratulations to the following classes whose great behavior with a guest teacher will be rewarded with a tasty treat!
- Mrs. Hulvey's 7th period class on 03/22/19
- Ms. Grace's 3rd period class on 03/28/19
- Mrs. Flanagan's 7th period class on 03/22/19
- Ms. Dean's 3rd period class on 03/22/19
- Mr. Gephart's 6th period class on 03/20/19
- Ms. Chavours' 2nd & 3rd period classes on 02/27/19
- Ms. Hoffek's 3rd period class on 02/15/19
- Mrs. S. Gephart's 5th period class on 02/20/19
- Mrs. Harris' advisory class on 03/21/19
LINCOLN LAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
LLCC will be providing a full scholarship to one 8th grade student from JMS. If you would like to qualify for this scholarship,the guidance office is asking that you write an essay describing:
"WHY I SHOULD RECEIVE THE LLCC SCHOLARSHIP"
Here are some examples of questions you could answer in your essay.
- Briefly describe your long and short-term goals.
- Discuss why you want to get a college education.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your future goals.
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
This essay must be turned in to Mrs. Staab by Thursday, April 25, 2019.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Staab.
CLUBS & OTHER AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Brain Boosters is back in session! You will meet Tuesdays & Thursdays after school in the library.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
• Track - No practice today.
Coach Bates & Coach White are very proud of all of the JMS athletes that competed yesterday at the track meet in Taylorville. We received several compliments from adults about the JMS athletes. Great job!
• JMS Cheerleading Tryouts
- Mandatory Parent Meeting -April 26 with 6th grade at 5PM & 7th and 8th grade at 6PM in the library
- Cheer Clinic Days - April 29 & 30 from 4:30-6PM in the gym
- Tryouts - May 3rd with 6th grade from 4:30-5:30PM & 7th and 8th grade from 5:30-6:30PM
- Open to all rising 6th through 7th & 8th grade students
- Attire for Cheer Clinics & Tryouts - comfortable length-appropriate shorts, t-shirt, and a hair bow
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!