Thursday, September 12, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 4: 09/09-09/13/19 Social Awareness Skills:
I will consider the perspectivies of others.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
JMS is going to launch its first Gay-Straight-Alliance club. For short, it will be called GSA. This will be a student-led club that creates a safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ community and anyone who wants to support and be an ally, which means friend. The first meeting will be on Monday, September 16th right after school in room 121. You will be able to take the 4:15PM activity bus home.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Daltun W. — Jaydah A.!
Main Entrée: Chicken Drumstick with a Roll OR Italian Beef Sub
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM ON TRAYS!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
Jefferson's Grandparents Breakfast will be held tomorrow from 7:30-8:15AM in the gym. Flyers have been sent home. Please return your reservation from as soon as possible.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Current Attendance Percentages:
- 6th grade - 95.71%
- 7th grade - 96.01%
- 8th grade - 95.67%
PRIDE CARD PULLS
Congratulations to ALL Advisory Classes! Two lucky winners from each advisory class will receive a Popsicle during lunch today.
Winning students need to hold on to the laminated PRIDE Card and turn it in during lunch today to receive their popsicle.
It’s planner party time!! Each week students will have the opportunity to win a prize for filling out their planners. This week’s students are:
- Nick M.
- Kynadi W.
- Karleigha P.
- Reese G.
- Michael L.
- Tyanna M.
- Ian D.
- Evelyne D.
- Rylan L.
- Theory M.
- Patrick C.
- Alizia A.
If these students have their planners with them and the planners are filled out completely, they will receive a prize. Keep filling out that planner, next week it could be your turn!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - 1st meet will be held today at 3:30PM at Lincoln Park. Team bus leaves JMS at 2:30PM.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - No study table today — go home and return at 4PM for practice. Practice today from 4-5:15PM. Schedules can be picked up outside of Coach White's room 101 on the way to lunch or after school.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• Cheer Squad - Practice today from 4-6PM.
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball -
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!