Friday, September 20, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 5: 09/16-09/20/19 Social Awareness Skills:
I will agree or disagree respectfully with peers and adults.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
JMS JAZZ BAND
We are forming the JMS Jazz Band under the direction of Mr. D.! Tryouts for the Jaguar Jazz Band will be Thursday, September 26th and Tuesday, October 1st from 2:30-4PM in room 122. There will be activity buses. You MUST sign up in room 221 with Mr. D. before trying out.
If you would like to tryout, please bring your instrument and yourself. Positions are limited to 9-15 students. We need saxophones, trombones, trumpets, drummers, bass players, piano players, guitar players, and singers.
We will practice once a week on Tuesdays OR Thursdays.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Xavier W. — Nishyne E. — Darrel W. —Ashlynn N. — Kollin L. —Harmony M. — Joshua F.-W.!
Main Entrée: Chicken Horseshoe OR Mozzarella Breadsticks with Marinara Sauce
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Current Attendance Percentages:
- 6th grade - 94.69%
- 7th grade - 94.75%
- 8th grade - 94.65%
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Practice today from 2:30-4PM. There is a meet tomorrow at UIS at 3:30PM. Team bus will leave JMS at 2:30PM.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4PM.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Game tomorrow at FMS at 10AM against FMS. You must provide your own transportation.
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4-5:15PM. You must go home after school and return at 4PM for practice. Enter through the back gym doors.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!