Monday, September 30, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 7: 09/30-10/04/19 Relationship Skills:
I will actively listen to peers and adults.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Main Entrée: Meatball Sub OR Grilled Chicken with Swiss on a Bun
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancake & Sausage on a stick
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
The GSA club will meet today after school from 2:40-4PM in room 121.
JMS JAZZ BAND
The second round of tryouts for the JMS Jazz Band under the direction of Mr. D.will be held tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM in room 122. There will be activity buses. You MUST sign up in room 221 with Mr. D. before trying out.
If you would like to tryout, please bring your instrument and yourself. Positions are limited to 9-15 students. We need saxophones, trombones, trumpets, drummers, bass players, piano players, guitar players, and singers.
We will practice once a week on Tuesdays OR Thursdays.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
Current Attendance Percentages:
- 6th grade - 93.2%
- 7th grade - 93.14%
- 8th grade - 93.43%
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
Sports' pictures will be taken on Thursday, October 3rd.
• Cross Country - Practice today after school from 2:40-4:15PM.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today after school from 2:40-4:15PM.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball -
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4:15-5:15PM. There is NO study table so you MUST go home after school and return at practice time. Please use the back gym doors.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - .
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!