Friday, October 18, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 9: 10/15-10/18/19 Responsible Decision-Making Skills:
I will reflect on the progress I’ve made during the first quarter.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Payton D. — Lillie C.!
Main Entrée: Hamburger Horseshoe OR Mozzarella Breadsticks with Marinara Sauce
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Round
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 96.78%
- 7th Grade - 95.92%
- 8th Grade - 95.98%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program will be starting next week. You must fill out an application packet. Packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
October is Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull month! Be sure to check out the prizes in the cafeteria lobby. We have several fabulous prizes that you can try to win by placing your PRIDE cards in the pocket. You may put in as many PRIDE cards as you want in as many pockets as you want. Please be aware that certain prizes are limited to a specific grade level. Pay attention to where you place your PRIDE cards.
All applications are due today.
Orders for personalized headbands can be found in the Jaguar News. These headbands cannot be worn at school unless it is a special day designated by admin.
Headband wording must be school appropriate and is limited to one word only. All headbands cost $10 each.
All order forms and money are due by Tuesday, October 29th to the main office. Delivered is scheduled for Friday, November 8th.
Congratulations to the following Advisory classes on scoring their touchdown by being referral free! You have won a dress-down day for Monday. You must follow JMS and District Dress Code Guidelines.
- Mr. Hemstock
- Mrs. Gwinn
- Mrs. Franklin
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country - Pizza party is today in the library after school for all cross country runners that attended sectionals last Saturday. Athletes MUST bring a uniform with them to turn in or they will not be allowed to stay for the party. Students will take the 4:15PM activity buses.
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 2:30-4:15PM.
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Games tomorrow at Franklin Middle School at 9AM vs Washington Middle School and at 11AM vs Grant Middle School. You must provide your own transportation.
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - .NO practice today & you do not play any games tomorrow because it is your bye week.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball Open Gym -
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!