Thursday, October 24, 2019
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT ALLOW • IT'S PRIDE DAY EVERYDAY AT JMS ~ LET'S SHOW OUR JAGUAR PRIDE! • 1:30PM DISMISSAL •
Remember ~ You are in charge of the choices that you make. Your day is what you make it. Let’s make it a great one!
WEEK 10: 10/21-10/25/2019 Self-Awareness Skills:
I can identify how my feelings and thoughts impact my behavior.
At JMS, we follow and enforce the District Dress Code Policy. Therefore, “hats, caps, bandannas, sweatbands, sunglasses, pajama pants, slippers, or shoes with wheels attached to the bottom shall not be worn in the buildings.”
In addition, jackets, sweatshirts, & hoodies should not be worn around the waist. Hoodies and jackets are not allowed in the classroom. Sweaters must be a solid color with no zippers or hoods. Layered shirts under your polo must be a solid color.
All personal grooming items should be kept in your locker. This includes combs, brushes, picks, cologne, lotion, lip gloss, glitter, sprays, etc. Purses and bookbags may not be carried to classrooms.
You may access your locker before school, before lunch, after lunch, and after school. You should not share your locker or your locker combination with anyone. Keep your locker locked and not set to open!
- Students are to bring their binder and school supplies to all of their classes.
- Remember to use Voice Level One during passing time.
- Get all of your forms signed and returned — classroom management forms & AUPs!
- Always carry your planner to class and fill it out completely.
- If it's not your lip gloss, you should not be touching it! If you are taking someone's lip gloss and stomping on it to make it explode, there will be consequences.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂
Alizia A. — Noah B. — Passion H. — Braxton B. — La'Dyamond S.!
Note: You are now in middle school where we do not wear birthday sashes, crowns, tiaras, headbands, pins, etc. Please do not bring treats to school.
Main Entrée: Sloppy Joe on a Bun OR Mozzarella Sticks & Breaded Ravioli with Marinara Sauce
Monday's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese
Boys go outside first. Girls go to the cafeteria first.
NO GUM IN THE CAFETERIA!
- Form 2 single-file lines.
- Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
- Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
- Fill up each table.
- Admin will dismiss you by tables when it’s time to throw away your trash and go outside.
- Clean up after yourself and push in your chair.
No food or drinks may be taken out of the cafeteria. You may not eat or drink in the halls or the classrooms.
You should NOT be hanging out in the halls or in the bathrooms. Go directly to lunch! BOYS go directly outside via the boiler room doors. GIRLS go directly to the cafeteria.
It is extremely important for you to be in attendance at school every day school is in session. The grade level with the highest attendance percentage at the end of the month will win a dress down day.
- 6th Grade - 95.15%
- 7th Grade - 94.12%
- 8th Grade - 94.09%
21ST CENTURY AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
21st Century after-school program has started. If you would like to join, packets can be found in the Jaguar News and from Ms. Coleman in the main lobby. All packets must be filled out completely and returned to one of the offices or to Ms. Coleman.
After you turn in your packet, you will receive notification from the Springfield Urban League on when you may begin attending the program.
PUMPED UP PRIDE CARD PULLS
October is Pumped Up PRIDE Card Pull month! Be sure to check out the prizes in the cafeteria lobby. We have several fabulous prizes that you can try to win by placing your PRIDE cards in the pocket. You may put in as many PRIDE cards as you want in as many pockets as you want. Please be aware that certain prizes are limited to a specific grade level. Pay attention to where you place your PRIDE cards.
This is the last week to put PRIDE cards in the pockets.
Jazz Band practice for today has been cancelled due to the early dismissal for Student Led Conferences.
Fall pictures will be taken on Tuesday. Students may wear any shirt with their uniform pants for picture day. NO JEANS — you must wear your uniform pants. If you have any questions, please contact the Guidance Office.
Orders for personalized headbands can be found in the Jaguar News. These headbands cannot be worn at school unless it is a special day designated by admin.
Headband wording must be school appropriate and is limited to one word only. All headbands cost $10 each.
All order forms and money are due by Tuesday, October 29th to the main office. Delivered is scheduled for Friday, November 8th.
If you have finished selling for the Fall Fundraiser, you may turn in your orders and money to Ms. Jones in the main office. The last day to turn in is October 31st.
UNITED WAY KICKOFF
Our United Way Campaign continues! Today you may guess the number of candies in the jar for 50¢ per guess or 3 guesses for $1.
Be sure to check out the posters in the hall for more information on planned activities.
1st quarter report cards were distributed during 7th period yesterday. We have 330 students — 58% — on Honor Roll!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first and ATHLETES second!
All students who plan on going out for a sport this year at JMS must have an updated physical. Please get your physical now so you are allowed to participate & practice.
• Cross Country -
• 7/8 Grade Girls' Basketball - Congratulations on your wins over WMS last night! Optional practice today from 1:30-2:30PM. NO activity buses!
• 6 Grade Girls' Basketball - Practice today from 3-4:15PM. Games Saturday at FMS beginning at 9AM.
• Cheer Squad -
• 6 Grade Boys' Basketball - Practice today from 4:15-5:15PM. Games Saturday at JMS beginning at 8AM.
• 7/8 Grade Boys' Basketball - Tryouts Friday from 3-4:30PM. You must provide your own transportation.
PRIDE ~ We are ......
We show Jaguar PRIDE!